Photos from Cozumel Weekend Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjsimp

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's some pictures I took this weekend in Cozumel. My D200 flipped out on me a few times with an "ERR". Turns out it is an Aperture error where it shoots the picture at wide open and doesn't close it down to what you had it set to.. Not fun. In any case, I was able to salvage a few and then got off several others when the camera was working.

Time to send it in to Nikon. :(

_DSC1080.jpg

_DSC1078.jpg

_DSC1056.jpg

_DSC1039.jpg

_DSC1038.jpg

_DSC1030.jpg

_DSC1028.jpg

_DSC1021.jpg

_DSC1018.jpg

_DSC1014.jpg

_DSC1013.jpg

_DSC1010.jpg

_DSC1197.jpg

_DSC1188.jpg

Awesome shots Rich. Looks like you had a nice weekend.

TOM

Nice pics!!! There still seems to be some good sites left down there. I can tell some of the reefs are engulfed with sands, whereas the deeper reefs didn't seem to take as bad of a hit. How does the rest of the island look?

How were the resorts and restaurants there? Have things been rebuilt already after Wilma last year?

TOM

Thanks everyone for the comments!

The island is in very good shape and things are getting back to normal. We stayed at Hotel Cozumel and it was in great shape, the other hotels (with the exception of a few) that I saw looked like they were either open or close to opening again. Very good restraunts and food were everywhere so that was great!

The reefs have definitely been hit and it is noticeable. there were a lot of photos with lots of sand and algae in them. The sponges are coming back, but even the deeper dives have damage on them. The funny thing is that we dove Chankanaab reef the first day we were there for the dusk dive and although the visability was really low for some reason, it had some very good macro subjects. We also saw tons of crabs and lobster there. There were other dives where the critters were more sparse, but we saw something on every dive that was cool.

Kapula: I used two wide angle lenses.. The 10.5mm and the 12-24 mm lense. The pictures that have a "bent" look around the edges were taken with the 10.5mm.

Back
Top Bottom