New business from LeisurePro…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
New business from LeisurePro?

Wow…. It looks like that LP is doing another hit in the scuba industry.

It sounds like that they are preparing for the scuba travel business. Hmm~`` It isn’t a surprising move because DEMA show is already more travel oriented show.

Check out this site.

I hope LP new business is able to breakdown the bubble on the scuba trips in future....

...yeah and it also seems they resort to SPAM-ing now as well. I have received 5 emails from them in the last 2 days, even though I keep removing myself from their list - to which I never signed up to.

Unbelievable....

thanks...very interesting.

I did not see any pricing...do you just call them?

Mozambique! Peter Island, BVI! wow, hope they have the LP pricing.

I don't know how I would feel going into an Islamic country with a Hacidic tour group though. Otherwise...I bet they can provide some great bargains if they are buying blocks up wholesale. ( I am a little amazed at some of the Asian Travel agencies and the fares they obtain. I think they are moving your money through foreign currencies somehow...because they don't take credit cards. And the tax is written in a seperate check.)

Interesting. I don't think they are going to compete with UNDERCURRENT.....

No...... They don't set up any specific price and detail info. about the travel product, yet. I just guess that it must be their first step to get into the travel business. I don't think they build the space without any business purpose if you know LP. :wink:

I hope they hit the travel market. The customer always wants to see more competition and I believe that LP has done a great job on the equipment market so far.

P.S. I didn't buy any reg. or computer from LP, yet.....:)

catherine96821:
Unbelievable....

thanks...very interesting.

I did not see any pricing...do you just call them?

Where are people getting the idea that they are booking travel? This is just an informational site where you can get information to prepare and plan for a trip.

I suspect they will eventually get their money through paid advertising and sponsored resort reviews, just like traditional dive magazines.

I haven't really experienced much savings booking dive vacations through an agent.

In fact, most of the time I prefer to book it myself independently because the agents either don't book the dive op I want or their pricing ends up higher than when I book it myself.

I think LP is expanding their site to create advertising and links to their online store.

Guess we will see.

oh...

I got the feeling they just had not finished the site.

I will have to ask Sol about that. or Isreal.

yes, event the links that this could generate would bump them in the search engines. But they are already up there.

My experience has been that the pricing is better on travel when you go solo.

Research where you want to go (here)...e-mail and negotiate.

Back
Top Bottom