Thursday 26th October - weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
howdy all - well what a week!

this weeks loss: 1.85kgs or 4.07lbs!!!
total loss to date: 43.45kg or 95.79lbs!!!

i was totally blown away by this weeks results!!!

hubby also had his quarterly assessment with his personal trainer and for the last 3 months he lost approx 8kgs and 6% of body fat - FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

we also had to go out the other night and for the first time in nearly a decade i didnt feel like i was the biggest person in the room! what a unusual feeling that was.

i was reminded by another SB'er this week that sometimes we should take account of the MANY POSITIVES IN OUR LIVES.... today mine was to wake up in our comfy bed, in our own home and having someplace to go that day. yes it was 'only' work, but im thankful to be employed and able to pay our bills.

i hope EVERY ONE OF US have positives in our lives that they can take stock of today....

so WOOHOOOOO to everyone that is going to join us here.... ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL to call you all..... come and share the highs and lows, the positives and the wines!!!!

LETS GO TEAM!!!! We are all aiming for some wonderful goals so lets MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Good morning alimitywife.

This weeks loss is 0.9lbs
Total loss to date : 38.2lbs
Current weight: 176.8lbs

Not bad, I have been slipping here and there, but I'm eating a lot more fruit now and zero soft drinks and sweets...

Lets see next week at 174!

Good morning everyone.
Almity-That must have been a great feeling! All of the hard work you've put into getting into better fitness has paid off. It will continue to be rewarding for you.

Rich-It sounds like you are doing great also!

Here are my stats for this week:
SW: 217
Last week: 207
Today: 207
Oh well, nothing lost; nothing gained......... :)
I hope everyone has a great day!

Well, I was actually pleasently surprised when I stepped on the scale this morning and found I lost the weight I had gained the past week! I think the loss is due in large part to me eating mostly soup the past couple days because of the sniffles. I jokingly told somebody that sometimes things happen to us that we cannot do for ourselves. So, I am even grabbing a blessing from the cold!
This weekend will be an interesting challenge. The Not So Megadive is upon me. Usually there is much drinking and eating of not so healthy foods. I am taking finger/snack foods and water. I have apples, pretzels, oatmeal, water, carrots. Will supplement with a burger for dinner and the omlette in the morning.

10 lb challenge: Back to 2 weeks ago number.. -4. Thought there would be a winner by now.

CONGRATS Almity! You are doing fantastic. I can only imagine the feeling that you experienced. Must have been awesome. WTG!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Well, after two weeks of bad routine, no scale, and general disruption, including eating improperly, I stepped on the scale this morning to find no change :D I'm still in at 215. Now to get back on track and get to 210 by the end of November :)

Congrats to everyone here, we are working hard at making a positive change in our lives, and you are right Almity, there is so much to be thankful for. Family, friends, health, jobs (for the most part), the ability to do recreational activities like diving, there are a lot of things we all take for granted.

Have a great week all!

Appearently my body or the scale doesn't realize something is missing. That does it, I'm blaming the scale! It wasn't at the same Publix and I know it has to be off because none of my pants are fitting weird anymore and I've really eaten next to nothing except granola and salads. No, there is no muscle build/gain either, I've been beyond busy for working out. The broken scale says 217, but I know thats not right. :)

I lost 2lbs since last week, which makes 3.5 for the month. Not great, but better than gaining!

Jenny, my vote is to go and enjoy the festivities at the mega dive. Don't go crazy, but don't miss out on the enjoyment of the food/drinks and fun either. It's once a year, we should be able to enjoy ourselves at events like those.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Arrrr. Too much stress this week. I know I'm an emotional eater and I am going to work on that. Yesterday afternoon, after some more teenage angst, I dug into the almonds I keep as snacks. I usually limit myself to 8-10 but I think I ate half the container. I feel so fat today. My scale says up 2 lbs!! But I know I can lose that. So, I think that will be the 8th time I've lost the same lb.? :rofl3:
I am going to try more of the daily gratitude thing. I used to do that a lot, but it just slipped by the wayside somehow.

Wow Almity, you are quite an inspiration!! Congrats on the huge loss this week.

I lost about a pound this week, which is pretty crap, but not too bad considering I haven't done any real exercise and I had a bag of chips and a pollyo string cheese for dinner last night on the way home from my ow class. My goal for the next week is to go to bed early enough that I can wake up in the morning and work out before work. It's a million times easier to get it over with in the morning then to come home after a 12-14 hour day and try to do it.

caroln:
It's a million times easier to get it over with in the morning then to come home after a 12-14 hour day and try to do it.

I find exactly the same thing - plus I feel *so* much better in the mornings after doing a workout - more alive,awake etc!

When I get home its: walk the dogs, eat dinner, play on pc, bit of tv - then bed!

Back
Top Bottom