Lots of Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cocos is really a fantastic place. There had to have been several hundred white tips on those night dives. Even the video can't convey how many sharks are behind, alongside, and all around you. But for all there numbers you may see 3-6 "feeding frenzies".

The whale shark shots were taken later in the day when it was dark and raining hard, so almost night conditions. Just got lucky with exposure since it was taking everything I had to keep up with her.

Nice mjh. Just found out some friends of mine maybe going to Cocos next August. Dying to see those hammerheads in person... :D

MJH, I have to say that is amazing. Not just great pictures but great presentation. I really enjoyed that. You have amazing pictures.

Thanks for sharing :popcorn:
Stacy

That was a sweet presentation. The whitetip video portion was especially nice. I saw whitetips while I was in Costa Rica (not Cocos, unfortunately), but only a few at a time and usually lounging around as I did strickly daytime dives. The video of them hunting in large schools was incredible and, quite frankly, a little un-nerving. It would take me a while to get used to being around that many sharks at once and not worry about them enough to shoot video.

The photos of the hammerheads were great too. I've not seen one yet while diving. Next to seeing a whale shark or dolphin while diving, I think they would be my next top choice. Looks like you had a great trip. Isn't CR great?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom