i need a bag that can fit all my equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eurotin

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to get a new bag that will fit all of my equipment. I have an AquaLung Mesh bag that is about 26x13x13, that works good for everything but my BC. I bought that bag before i had all of my own equipment and it fit all my personal gear perfectly.

so now i have all my own gear and am going to be occasionally doing some destination diving. Next month i am going on a cruise to the bahamas and am planning on bringing my gear.

I would like to stick with a Duffle bag style, i don't want to get a rolling bag or anything like that. Mesh or some drain holes would be good.

i currently don't have a wet suite yet, so i would like to also get that to fit eventually when i get one.

So if anyone could recomend a bag style, size, or anything that would be great.

All your gear ine one bag? After you have been diving a while you will be lucky to get it all in one truck.:)

Seriously though I have a large Akona bag I like.

by Ricardo 30-40 dollars at Costco

DSC_0068-1-1.jpg

We get two sets in tightly and it is not that big. Two sets of fins fit in a bottom zip away compartment. But...it is a duffle and rolls. But at this price you can thrash it and then buy another.

Good size for boat and checking too. Also, it opens coffin style so you have a large opening for packing.

Stahlsac has the best quality for what you want, in my opinion, but they are pricey.

I have a bunch of mesh REI bags in various sizes that I use locally. I wouldn’t use them to fly with but I do pack one in my travel bag for once I am at my destination so I can carry my gear to the boat, etcetera. They are pretty tough and not to expensive.
http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...85&parent_category_rn=9086387&vcat=REI_SEARCH

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&vcat=REI_SEARCH&query=mesh+bag&x=0&y=0

For travel I use a bag like the one Catherine recommended. I got mine at Costco as well.

catherine96821:
by Ricardo 30-40 dollars at Costco

DSC_0068-1-1.jpg

We get two sets in tightly and it is not that big. Two sets of fins fit in a bottom zip away compartment. But...it is a duffle and rolls. But at this price you can thrash it and then buy another.

Good size for boat and checking too. Also, it opens coffin style so you have a large opening for packing.

Stahlsac has the best quality for what you want, in my opinion, but they are pricey.

It's Great!!

I have an extra large Armor mesh bag that has a dry pocket built in. But I only use that when I am at destination to lug stuff to the boat.

Otherwise, I have a "meets the requirement" carry on bag that I put my bp and wing, masks, cameras and a few other small items into and carry on with me. In a small back pack goes the regs and computers.

The rest of my stuff gets checked in. The bags I check in are regular ....no dive emblems or brand names glaring.... bags.

I use an action packer , there about $25 at walmart

do you think a bag like this will fit everything?

img.jpg

dimensions: 15"x29"x9"

hey, I like those REI bags!

Eurotin....I like the way that opens wide. How are you going to carry that? don't mess up your back, now.

Back
Top Bottom