Bali Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTA

Reaction score
I just saw the recent posts on Bali and what sounded like an amazing opportunity to learn about taking great photos - my goodness I wish I had gone to it, it would have been so helpful!

Anyway, I went to Bali the last week of September and wanted to post some photos of molas before the pros finish their processing and stick up some really good pics.

We dived one day in Sanur (Nusa Penida) and saw two of these amazing creatures (one on our second dive of the day and one on our last dive of the trip) - my goodness was the DM relieved! The molas are definitely awe-inspiring. I just wish that photographers weren't so keen on swimming very quickly right up to them and scaring them away! Bah!

Unfortunately the visibility wasn't very good when we were diving Nusa Penida (you can see the pics are a bit murky) - so this will definitely warrent a return trip to get a better picture!

280206113_0a8efd9635.jpg

280206156_b75dd5a3c1.jpg

280206134_e0b429490e.jpg

We also dived two days in Tulamben and the macro was simply amazing. Loved the harlequin shrimps:

280206082_171bf476a0.jpg

And hope you guys saw these too. First time I'd even seen boxer crabs. Well, first time I'd seen any of the things I've put up on this post!

280206103_96e7b34964.jpg

Definitely want to go back again:

280206182_1969db876d.jpg

excellent...love those! post more often!

You're so lucky you saw the Mola Mola's! I did five dives around Nusa Penida after the photo workshop and didn't see any :( I love the second pic of the Mola.

Mel.b

Very, very nice! Looks like you got some awesome diving in.

Same here, I've been Mola Mola-less on my few times in Bali...

Nice pics TTA!!!

Nice shots. The Harlequin shrimps are beautiful. We get Molas in Monterey, but I've only seen little ones, about 14-16 inches. They don't last long, the Seals kill them. I'd heard they get to be 5-7 feet, but never seen one like that till now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom