quickie from Cocos/Keeling Australia images added

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We are back from our one week at Cocos/Keeling and one week on the Ningaloo Reef. I am swamped and haven't had time to get into my images, but pulled this one out for some colour. Unfortunately, the fish was uncooperative and didn't allow me any time to change my settings so I've blown the sun out, oh well :wink:

Needs a bit of editing, but no time so I'll be game and just put it up:

cocosredyellowfish2.jpg

lovely...kinda different, a unique shot.

I love those damsels..they can get very affectionate.

That is sweet Alcina. I wouldn't change a thing. (Of course, I've been flogged for my red foregrounds, so go figure)

Larry C:
That is sweet Alcina. I wouldn't change a thing. (Of course, I've been flogged for my red foregrounds, so go figure)

Larry :rofl3: :rofl3:

Alcina, I love the shot! On the sun ball, is this a RAW picture and if so what RAW converter did you use?

The reason I ask is on my D200, if I shoot a sunball, Bibble sucks at pulling it out and it will produce that nice white blob. Photoshop is a little better and Aperture gives me too much cyan in the ball. I need to use Nikon Capture NX (or the Nikon software) to get the sunball to look right.

Just an idea maybe that will help.. :wink:

Thanks, Guys! I like it :)

Here are two frames of a pair of leopard blennies. For those who haven't seen these guys, they have to be the flightiest, most skittish blennies around. I was really happy to get a few frames with two of them as usually as soon as you spot even one, it disappears! I've tried to shoot them many times before and never had much success, so this was a good dive :)

cocostwinleopards1.jpg

cocosleopards3_IMG_1682.jpg

Great pics. I really like the way they both blend and contrast with the textured background, and both stand out against the blue.

What a cool little fish - I've never seen them before. They are great pics...they really camoflauge well with the coral.

Mel.b

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom