Aeris Elite Violation after one shallow dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dugur13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
I just went for a shallow dive with my new Aeris Elite (not using the transmitter) to a max depth of between 15-20 feet. It seemed to track the dive fine, though prior to the dive it seemed to be counting minutes (even though it was set to water activation) on the main screen with a 0 displayed for the dive number. After the dive, which lasted around 30 minutes, the screen began blinking with three dashes accross the top, and both the o2 and nitrogen loading bars are blinking too and I can't access any functions. This seems to be what the book deems a violation screen. It has been doing this blinking for the past 7 hours without turning off. I did a second dive after the first because I knew I was well within the limits. Can anyone help with what might have happened? Do I have to wait 24 hours? How can I prevent this from happening again as I am in Costa Rica and not near any Aeris dealer for the next 3 months? Thanks

Did you happen to have the computer in simulation or demo mode when you entered the water? I don't know if this would cause your issue (or if it would automatically switch to dive mode from the simulation or demo mode when wetted) but since it doesn't appear to be shutting down this may be something to check.

Also, I'd try replacing the battery. I've had mine act screwy with the battery indicator still showing adequate charge. Battery replacement fixed the problem. I go through at least two sets of batteries a year. I believe the Elite's battery life is shorter than the other Aeris models due to powering the receiver.

Were you able to resolve the issue?

I know this post is old but mine recently did the same thing during my trip to Bonaire. I tried multiple new sets of batteries with no success. The best way to explain this issue is to say that the computer just went nuts and flashed all kinds of craziness. New batteries, resets, time, nothing seems to help the issue. Mine went back to Scuba Toys and then back to Aeris so we shall see what the deal is. About two years of perfect use then insanity.

Back
Top Bottom