Adjustment of Crotch Strap on BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drizzt117

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been weaving my harness for my new BP. I've got it pretty much complete. However, how tight should the crotch strap be? Will the strap need to be adjusted between different exposure suits (3 mm up to 7 mm). Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Someone recently posted a pointer to the following BAUE page, excellent page on fitting a BP, including the crotch strap (whoever that was, thanks).

Roak

Roak,

Great link!

Still waiting on the BB/wings hopefully next week.

The story I got was that Halcyon was short of tank strap buckles. I feel like a little kid again waiting on Christmas!

Mike

Some like them tighter than others :). Be careful if it's a 2" strap. Too tight w/a 1" isn't bad, a 2" & you may never have scuba tank carriers. I use a 1" DR strap & am able to tighten it from the front, w/a micro adjustment.

Consider thiis............
I wear a backplate and wing.
But I don't wear a crotch strap.
I don't scooter , so I find the standard harness holds my single tank or my twin 98's in place just fine. No ride up problems.

Just another thought.

Mike D
:blfish:

Back
Top Bottom