Woohoo about to book my Red Sea Diving Trip!! Comments/Advice would be appreciated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

occrider

Contributor
Reaction score
So sometime in the next few days I will book with the M/Y Blue Horizon, departing out of Hurghada, for a cruise to Brothers/Daedalus/Elphinstone at the end of April. Thanks to the advice of many here we chose to dive the South, we asked to fly in the previous week so that will give us a full week to explore the rest of Egypt, and we decided to go in and out of Hurghada since apparentely it is easier to get to Cairo. I have yet to pick up an Egypt Lonely Planet so I have no details planned yet, but I would love any initial advice or comments on the dive boat or the master plan in general. Thanks for getting me this far folks!

A week is not that much to explore Egypt- you'll have to compromise on some of the more popular Highlights (which are mouth gaping nonetheless).

If you are going on your own, Lonely Planet is all right for getting along (hotels/restaurants and transportation to/from) but I think there are better books to guide you thorugh the sites. Since you won't have much time, make your homework about the places you'd like to visit.

occrider:
So what guide books would you recommend if not Lonely Planet?

Over the years I've been several times to Egypt- but most of them I used material in Hebrew. Only once I took the "Blue" guide wich was better than LP in my opinion.

I guess you can find better recommendations in traveller-oriented forums...

I enjoy doing things off the beaten path. I would go to the absolute must-see locations but if something is relativly obscure and adventorous I'm there in a heartbeat. It would seem like a desert safari would be something that I would like ... can you recommend anything else that not too many foreigners would know about but you would recommend doing? Thanks!!

Red Sea Shadow:
Some highlights would be to visit the Pyramids and the Egyptian museum, along with some other historic places in Cairo like the Citadel.

In case you're into desert, you can try a desert safari in either Sinai or the western desert. Weather is permitting in April.

occrider:
I enjoy doing things off the beaten path. I would go to the absolute must-see locations but if something is relativly obscure and adventorous I'm there in a heartbeat. It would seem like a desert safari would be something that I would like ... can you recommend anything else that not too many foreigners would know about but you would recommend doing? Thanks!!
Well I believe doing a desert safari and a couple of hikes in St. Katherine (Sinai) would be a real blast. You've already booked your diving safari to the golden triangle (Brothers, Daedalus, Elphinstone) but if you want another sort of diving as well, try a desert dive safari in Nabq protectorate.

Back
Top Bottom