oceanic reg.s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirrocraft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello i have 3 oceanic regs that are coming in to there first years service i normaly service my own but i bought these new last year when i was in fl and then moved to kentucky dont trust the shops here yet does ocean have a mail in service or have some kind of mail order parts so i can service them

Oceanic will only sell parts to authorized dealers. They do have a mail order service but you'd be better off asking them who their authorized dealers are in your area. This way your parts are covered and the only thing you'd pay is labor. It would be a good way of starting a good relationship with a local shop that could be beneficial in the future. Unless you have all the tools( IP guage, wrenches, 2nd stage adjustment tool, etc) to do it yourself and don't care about the warranty. Then you might find a shop to sell you the rebuild kits but I'd be leery of one that would do this if they didn't know you real well. Liability issues and such.

JimLap:
Then you might find a shop to sell you the rebuild kits but I'd be leery of one that would do this if they didn't know you real well. Liability issues and such.

Some shops would rather make some profit from you than none. If you get lucky and find one of those, don't look the gift horse in the mouth. Liability issues seem to be a popular excuse (anybody have the list of cases where shops have been sued as a result of selling parts) but I believe the real issue is they want to make more $$ from you than they would just selling parts.

It is my understanding that the Oceanic dealer agreement does restrict the retail sale of parts.

Hi,
The following is from Oceanic's website which may be viewed at the following link. I had to list it in two parts so I wouldn't go over quota.

http://www.oceanicww.com/services_warranty.html

Oceanic intends to provide the original purchaser of its products from Authorized Oceanic Dealers with defect-free performance during the specified warranty period.

We receive frequent inquiries about our product distribution and warranty terms. So that there may be no misrepresentation of our warranty and service program terms, we post the exact text found on the registration forms.

All warranty and service program registrations require both the dealer's and owner's signatures, and other specific dealer and product information, to be valid.

ONLY products purchased from Authorized Oceanic Dealers are eligible for ANY warranty or service program coverage.

Products not purchased from an authorized source MAY NOT be authentic, be complete, have all design and production updates, meet Oceanic's performance and quality standards, and may have been tampered with.

2-Year Limited Warranty
1-Year Limited Warranty
Alliance Service Agreement
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee

2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(regulators, buoyancy compensators and instruments)

Oceanic guarantees, to the original purchaser only, that the equipment purchased is free of defects in material and/or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use for a period of two years (2) from the date of comsumer purchase from an Authorized Oceanic Dealer, provided proper care and maintenance have been performed as prescribed by the owner's guide or instruction card included with the equipment. Should this product prove to be defective for any reason (other than those listed as limitations below) the product will be serviced or replaced at Oceanic's sole discretion at no charge (excluding shipping and handling).

This warranty shall be void if the registration card is not completed and signed by both the Authorized Oceanic Dealer and the product Owner, and registered with Oceanic within 30 days of purchase.

This warranty shall be void if the equipment has been tampered with by a person (or persons) not authorized by Oceanic to perform service, or if the equipment is used for rental, military or commercial purposes.
The warranty is non-transferable,and extends to the original purchaser only. It is void if the equipment was purchased from anyone other than an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.

WARRANTY CORRESPONDENCE
All correspondence regarding the equipment covered by this warranty agreement or in direct reference to this warranty should be accompanied by a copy of the original sales receipt and a copy of the owner's portion of the warranty card.

LIMITATIONS
Warranty does not extend to cover theft, loss, or damage due to accident, abuse, tampering, lack of maintenance, exposure to excessive temperature, extended sunlight, or deteriorating chemicals. Service or modifications by any person or persons other than an Authorized Oceanic Dealership voids the warranty. Oceanic will not be responsible for recovery or replacement of the product in the event of loss or theft. Oceanic, its Authorized International Distributors, and Authorized Dealers make no other warranties, either expressed or implied, orally, or in writing, with respect to any other warranty coverage except those expressly stated within the preceding paragraphs. Oceanic will not be held responsible for any agreements orally or in writing with the exception of those expressly included in this warranty statement. This warranty registration card and the terms contained herein supercede all statements contained in any and all owner's guides, instruction cards, or other equipment literature or catalogs. In no event will Oceanic, its Authorized International Distributors, and Authorized Dealers be held responsible or liable for any personal injuries resulting from the use of the covered equipment, or for any other damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential; even if Oceanic has been advised of such damages.

INSTRUMENTS: Warranty does not extend to plastic gauge faces, rubber boots, HP hoses, O-rings, batteries, hose fitting corrosion, or chrome loss.

REGULATORS: Warranty does not extend to LP hoses, swivel or hose end O-rings, mouthpieces, stress cracks due to spraying with aerosols, rubber deterioration due to excessive exposure or lack of maintenance, chrome loss, or corrosion.

BUOYANCY COMPENSATORS: Warranty does not extend to abrasion, punctures or cuts to bladder material, or delamination due to exposure to chlorine exposure.

1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(masks, snorkels, fins, neoprene accessories, bags, accessories, wetsuits, drysuits, vehicles, lighting, apparel and items that have received a full-factory non-warranty service )

Oceanic guarantees, to the original purchaser only, that the equipment purchased is free of defects in material and/or workmanship under normal recreational scuba use for a period of one year (1) from the date of consumer purchase from an Authorized Oceanic Dealer, provided proper care and maintenance have been performed as prescribed by the owner's guide or instruction card included with the equipment. Should this product prove to be defective for any reason (other than those listed as limitations below) the product will be serviced or replaced at Oceanic's sole discretion at no charge (excluding shipping and handling).

This warranty shall be void if the registration card is not completed and sent to Oceanic within 30 days of purchase.

This warranty shall be void if the equipment has been tampered with by a person (or persons) not authorized by Oceanic to perform service. The warranty is non-transferable and extends to the original purchaser only and is void if the equipment was purchased from anyone other than an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.

WARRANTY CORRESPONDENCE
All correspondence regarding the equipment covered by this warranty agreement or in direct reference to this warranty should be accompanied by a copy of the original sales receipt and a copy of the owner's portion of the warranty card.

LIMITATIONS
Warranty does not extend to cover damage from accident, abuse, tampering, lack of maintenance, theft or loss. Service or modifications by any person or persons other than an Authorized Oceanic Dealership voids the warranty. Oceanic will not be responsible for recovery or replacement of the product in the event of loss or theft. Oceanic, its Authorized International Distributors, and Authorized Dealers make no other warranties, either express or implied, orally, or in writing, with respect to any other warranty coverage except those expressly stated within the preceding paragraphs. Oceanic will not be held responsible for any agreements orally or in writing with the exception of those expressly included in this warranty statement. This warranty registration card and the terms contained herein supercede all statements contained in any and all owner's guides, instruction cards, or other equipment literature or catalogs. In no event will Oceanic, its Authorized International Distributors, and Authorized Dealers be held responsible or liable for any personal injuries resulting from the use of the covered equipment, or for any other damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential; even if Oceanic has been advised of such damages. Warranty for the neck seals of the Flex Dry Suit, and the MAKO battery charger is limited to 90 Days. Warranty does not extend to damage to the Mako caused by battery leakage.

ALLIANCE SERVICE AGREEMENT
NOTE: This program allows for routine annual maintenance parts to be provided at no charge for as long as the owner maintains the terms specified in the agreement. This program may only be offered by an Authorized Oceanic Alliance Dealer. Authorized Oceanic Alliance Dealers are Authorized Dealers that commit to a minimum stocking requirement and service department guidelines , and are identified on the Authorized Oceanic Dealers listing. Individual dealer participation in this program is voluntary. A dealer is only obligated to honor service agreements that they have issued. Any Authorized Oceanic Dealer may, at their option, honor a service agreement issued by another dealer. Authorized Oceanic Dealers that are Non-Alliance may also meet all service department guidelines.

Oceanic and your authorized Oceanic Alliance Dealer hereby extend to you the Alliance Service Agreement which offers free service parts for as long as you own your Oceanic product with annual inspection. This agreement is validated exclusively by an Authorized Oceanic Alliance Dealer upon purchase of any Oceanic regulator, buoyancy compensator and analog gauge. This service requires and allows the following:

All products must be inspected annually by an authorized Oceanic Service Technician.

Oceanic and your authorized Oceanic Alliance Dealer will provide all overhaul service parts at no charge. This agreement is limited to standard overhaul replacement parts including o-rings, high pressure seats, gaskets, diaphragms, low pressure seats, seals, and any other standard replacement parts as noted in the current Oceanic Dealer parts listing.

All labor fees incurred in overhaul service are the responsibility of the owner of the product serviced. This includes, but is not limited to inspection, calibration, battery change, overhaul or other services performed.

To maintain this Alliance Agreement, you must show proof of authorized service within the last 12 months through the dealers' verification that includes the service date. This agreement is null and void if such regular annual service is not performed.

Part 2.

This Alliance Agreement is non-transferable and valid for the life of the original owner.

This Warranty, and Oceanic's liability, is limited to the replacement parts. Oceanic makes and customer receives no other warranties or conditions on parts provided by Oceanic, express, implied, statutory, or in any communication with customer, and Oceanic specifically disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, In no event will Oceanic be liable for lost profits, punitive, exemplary, incidental, consequential or special damages. In any event, Oceanic's liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the original equipment.

This Alliance Service Agreement does not apply to, and Oceanic will have no obligation to replace, parts with defects or damage caused by misuse, accident, external causes or installation error.

30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
NOTE: Individual dealer participation in this program is voluntary.

Oceanic, and the participating Authorized Oceanic Dealer, will offer at least a store credit for any Oceanic product, excluding wetsuits, drysuits, vehicles and apparel, that the purchaser becomes dissatisfied with the product's function or performance within 30 days of purchase from an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.

PRODUCT SPECIFIC WARRANTIES
This guide is intended only as a convenient reference. Limitations and specific warranties should be referenced in the specific owner's guide and/or warranty card.

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Regulators

WARRANTY COVERAGE
Materials and Craftsmanship Requires Annual Service

WARRANTY PERIOD
Two-year from date of purchase Optional Alliance Service Agreement

EXCEPTIONS
LP hoses, swivel or hose end o-rings, mouthpieces, rubber deterioration, chrome loss or corrosion

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Buoyancy Compensators

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Hose end o-rings, hose fitting corrosion, punctures or cuts to aircell Snorkel Vests - One-year

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Analog Instruments

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Plastic gauge faces, rubber boots, HP hoses, o-rings, batteries

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Digital Instruments

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Non-Warranty Instrument Repairs

WARRANTY COVERAGE
Materials and Craftsmanship

WARRANTY PERIOD
One-year from service

EXCEPTIONS

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Masks, Snorkels, Fins

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD
One-year from date of purchase

EXCEPTIONS
Lifetime guarantee against blade/foot pocket separation

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Wetsuits

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Punctures, rips, tears, normal wear, zipper corrosion

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Drysuits

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Punctures, tears, abuse 90 days only on nick and wrist seals

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Bags

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Tears, accidents, abuse, normal wear, corrosion of zippers

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Neoprene Accessories

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Normal wear and tear

PRODUCT CATEGORY
Mako

WARRANTY COVERAGE

WARRANTY PERIOD

EXCEPTIONS
Accidental damage, abuse, battery leakage, modifications by unauthorized persons
On a more personal note.......Isn't scuba equipment considered Life Support Equipment? I certainly wouldn't want to find out that hospitals would practice fixing their own stuff with out factory training. I am assuming you have your own compressor because if you don't trust the dive store to fix your equipment then you probably wouldn't trust them for airfills either. I apologize if I sound a bit harsh but it bothers me when someone says they don't trust a local dive store. I would have felt better hearing maybe "I am a bit uncomfortable with my local dive store since I just moved in the area" but flat out don't trust (without giving a reason for the lack of trust) is a bit harsh. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom