Well, it's time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK... I just tipped the scales at OVER 300 pounds. It's time to get sweaty! I have a new Personal Fitness Trainer, Charlene "ChaCha" Melear and she has me on a diet and doing exercise. Yesterday we met and she took a TON of stats: none of them flattering. Today we will do my first workout. This should be fun!

Good luck with the workout- it may be fun, but the next two days might not. <g>

Cameron

Congratulations! I hereby go red in support of you.

I have 15 to lose, right behind ya. I peddle and peddle....

You might like the bike thing..it is fun and painless.

catherine96821:
Congratulations! I hereby go red in support of you.

I have 15 to lose, right behind ya. I peddle and peddle....

You might like the bike thing..it is fun and painless.

Now if you'd pedal instead of peddling, you might get somewhere! <ducks for cover> :)

OK,

I realize what a HUGE mistake I have made. That's right... a biggie. You see, I created a user account for ChaCha this morning and after our initial workout, I see it should have been not "ChaCha", but "Mistress ChaCha, the Torture Chamber Queen".

It started out all friendly and stuff... getting me to let my guard down.

First thing: Pull ups! Sure, she had this machine that compensated half of my prodigious weight, but I ended up doing THIRTY of them. Then 20 dips, then on to her favorite Torture device, with lots of pulleys, handles, arms and LARGE WEIGHTS. I am sure that any physicist would break his slide rule trying to cypher those vector forces. Just know that I am sure that they added up to 500 or 600 pounds by the time they got to me. There was one exercise that had only FIVE POUNDS, but had me crying like a little baby. WHEW!

Then I got to try out "Gumbycize", or as ChaCha glibly refers to it as "Stretching". I didn't know my body could do a 360 degree twist like that! :O Actually, 30 years of working on cars has taken it's toll... I was amazed at how she got my joints to move like they did. Simply amazing.

So now I am sore... tomorrow morning, I will be doubly so. I am writing down EVERYTHING that I am eating and I have to do 2 hours of cardio before Monday.

I am PUMPED!

Been there, weighed that....you're going to do great!! Good for you!

One thing you might want to get for yourself... this stuff is a lifesaver!! -Great for sore muscles, arthritis symptoms, etc...

http://www.myvitanet.com/biofreeze.html

vitanet_1921_110041123

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom