Regulator maintenance training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey

Old, not bold diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Oceanic, I’m picking on you because you appear to be extremely responsive to questions, and for that I thank you!

When you offer a regulator maintenance clinic at DEMA for example, is the goal of that training to “train trainers” so the people who take the class can go back to their LDS and train others, or is the training solely to teach the people who attend how to properly maintain your equipment?

In other words are the only people who attend classes given by Oceanic directly “certified” to work on Oceanic equipment?

Roger

Hi,
I am going to take a stab at this one. The regulator clinics offered at the Dive Shows such as DEMA etc. have always been, to my recollection, for stores to send their technician's for updates on new gear. Not to have those technicians go back as equipment repair trainers. This is definite hands on training by the professionals from the factory of the major manufacturers. This ensures that those that are working on the gear are qualified by the manufacturer and are up to date on the newer equipment. Usually if your store does not carry a particular line, you are not allowed to attend those seminars. Some scuba training agencies have required that Instructors that want to teach Equipment Specialty programs show proof of attending Manufacturer sponsored equipment programs. I know that when I wanted to teach equipment Specialty 20 years ago that was the case. I know that even then it was up to the Dive Store as to whether or not you were allowed to work on the gear upon completion of the programs offered back then. I don't think that much has changed in respect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom