Glo Toob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdvaughn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone ever used the Glo-Toob fx7? These are a pretty neat little device that is near indestructable. I was just looking to see how many people have them/use them/ like them. The web site is below for those curious ones.
www.glo-toob.com

jdvaughn:
Has anyone ever used the Glo-Toob fx7? These are a pretty neat little device that is near indestructable. I was just looking to see how many people have them/use them/ like them. The web site is below for those curious ones.
www.glo-toob.com

Not sure which model # it is, but mine is the programmable one that flashes. I ziptied it to the top of my dive flag to use on night dives. Haven't taken it to any depth, but I understand there is no practical depth limit(not any you would encounter even in tech diving). It doesn't put out as much light as a xenon strobe, but it is plenty bright for my purposes.

bought one about a year ago. took it on a dive. it flooded. I've never gotten another. They look cool though. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Chris

I believe that one of the early production batches of the original model was faulty or something. But most peoples' flooding concerns are a result of improperly sealing that double o-ring contraption in the screw top. Apparently it's quite *sensitive*.:eyebrow:

I've been using 2 gol-toob's for 2 years and I have not had any problems. I do take them apart and grease the o-rings occasionally. I have both red and green lights. The red can be seen from a greater distance. They still work great and have about 10 dives on the original battery.

Got two myself and have had no problems. Can't tell you how many dives they have been on.

We have several of them in different colors and they're really useful on night dives--we can tell each other apart from all the other divers in the dark. We have flooded a couple though, you have to be careful to screw the cap on tight (the ring in the middle of the cap twists to turn it on, so maybe that's why it could get loose).

I have two of them. One of them flooded, but I took it apart, clean it and put in new battery. It's working flawlessly. My only complaint is that the programming of these things are not the most intuitive thing. Overall - I like them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom