Can I replace attached boots on neoprene drysuit? And where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chavodel8en

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

So my bro-in-law gifted me his neoprene drysuit. Looks like it should fit OK EXCEPT, there is no way my clown feet will fit in the attached boots, not even close.

Is it possible to replace the boots in a neoprene suit? And if so, who's the best bet.

I could probably call around the shops in Monterey, but figured to let my compu do the walking first.

Superior just chnaged out the neoprene socks on my dry suit and did a superior job.

TwoBit

Thanks for the responses guys. I was hoping that i could get it done in Monterey - i hate shipping -- maybe Otter Bay??? Any Norcal kelpites know?

Chavodel8en:
Thanks for the responses guys. I was hoping that i could get it done in Monterey - i hate shipping -- maybe Otter Bay??? Any Norcal kelpites know?
I've never heard of a diveshop that does work like that. You might find one to do neckseals and wrist seals, but not new boots.

Chavodel8en:

Your lucky day... There is a dive shop in Hayward called Captain Aqua's. The manager of the shop, a guy named James, does a lot of dry suit repair and custom work. He is the repair guy for Mobby's suits (which btw come with neoprene boots) and usually does boot swaps in house. He is also trained in repair of DUI suits as well as Diving Concepts suits - IIRC.

Check out:
http://www.captainaquas.com/

There is contact information listed in that website.

Why not just ring up Otter Bay and ask?

JeffG: Otter Bay is NOT a dive shop. They make custom wetsuits and do drysuit repairs,
and the family has been doing it for MANY years.

Chavodel8en: is this a (soft) neoprene suit, or a crushed/compressed neoprene suit.
That difference is quite significant.

If he is the James that used to be the tech at Wallins (and I believe he is) then the work I've had him do was all poorly done.

Adobo:
Your lucky day... There is a dive shop in Hayward called Captain Aqua's. The manager of the shop, a guy named James, does a lot of dry suit repair and custom work. He is the repair guy for Mobby's suits (which btw come with neoprene boots) and usually does boot swaps in house. He is also trained in repair of DUI suits as well as Diving Concepts suits - IIRC.

Check out:
http://www.captainaquas.com/

There is contact information listed in that website.

dannobee, I think that is the same person that Adobo references. I doubt that there are very many "James" in Hayward that do Mobby's repairs.

In any case, when I got my P-Valve I had him install it since I wanted a "professional" job. He got glue all over my suit leg and replied that it would just wash off. It doesn't say much about your work ethic when you are the professional and your work doesn't look as nice as the DIY jobs.

Adobo, Mobby's suits come with rubber boots, not neoprene. Don't you have one with rubber boots?

Mark

Back
Top Bottom