Ordering Oceanic Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeabroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had an absurdly frustrating experience trying to order a simple Oceanic part through my LDS, and after 3 months I've given up. It's a simple part--a console boot--but it's for a Veo 200 and so doesn't appear in Oceanic's online store. Can anyone tell me how to place such an order? I even have a part number, which Oceanic kindly provided back in July, but which my LDS seems incapable of handling.

Go to Oceanic's web site and try to purchase anything. You will be directed to an authorized Oceanic (stocking ) dealer. Call them on phone or e-mail them. I just did this with computer download cable.

joeabroad:
I've had an absurdly frustrating experience trying to order a simple Oceanic part through my LDS, and after 3 months I've given up. It's a simple part--a console boot--but it's for a Veo 200 and so doesn't appear in Oceanic's online store. Can anyone tell me how to place such an order? I even have a part number, which Oceanic kindly provided back in July, but which my LDS seems incapable of handling.

Joe. Phone me at (800) 601-DIVE and I will have you the part in about 7 days. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

Joe,
There are a few console console boots that fit the Veo 200 I believe. Are you looking for a two guage or three guage console boot? It is important to know the size of your existing submersible pressure guage and compass (if applicable) to make sure you get the right boot. One would be the Swiv console. This console will only fit the swiv style submersible pressure guage which is thinner and a bit smaller in size than tradional SPGs. If the guages are older models then the SPG will not fit in the Swiv style console. The other boot is the NavconII boot which is three gauge and fits the older style SPG. I am also almost positive that your veo 200 would need to have a shim ring to fit in this console. Your compass could be one of two styles also. One is thinner (slimline) and the other is the swiv style (which is the more common size for older compasses) which is thicker and fits wither console. The reason the boot is not listed on the Oceanic web page is that it is considered parts which would have to be purchased through an authorized Oceanic dive store. I doubt if it is a liability issue for you to put your gauges in the console boot yourself (if it were, then you would not be allowed to change batteries in your computer which are user replaceable), It does fall into the category of parts because it is a piece of equipment that needs to be assembled or disassembled. If I may assist you in making sure you have the right item number for the console that fits your gauges please feel free to let me know. Monday thru Friday 10am-7pm or Sat 10 am to 4pm central standard time. Toll free number is 877-460-9515 or e-mail me roy@visibilityunlimited.com. I hope I have helped you rather than confused you.

Back
Top Bottom