Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AS far as I know dives around Alexandria are not very good. But - jumb in the plane and go down to Hurghada or Sharm and you will find a paradise.

BTW Lucky you - I wish I could move to Egypt
:D
Mania

Why is diving not good in Alexandria? Is that the ancient location of a once grande Greek city? It is said that there are wast ruins/wrecks/fields of amphoras to be discovered?! Is that not so?

Tamas:
Why is diving not good in Alexandria? Is that the ancient location of a once grande Greek city? It is said that there are wast ruins/wrecks/fields of amphoras to be discovered?! Is that not so?

Yes you are right but:
1. These ruins of the old city (called Cleopatra palace) are nothing but some scattered jars.
2. It's a very shallow dive (6 to 8 meters).
3. The visibility is very bad, almost nill.

On the other hand, the best place to dive in Alex is Abu Keer, where the Napoleon fleet is. The biggest ship is called L'orient and its maximum depth is 28 meters. However, permissions are very difficult to be obtained and visibility is terrible.

Moreover, why bare all this hassle while you have the Red Sea? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom