Olympus D560 or D575 C 5000 any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there just wondering if any of these two cameras with respective underwater housings would be any good? Just looking to take some shots when under not into it seriously. Also can an external flash be added and which one? I am looking at the sealife Dc310 and the newer DC500, but I can the Olympus alot cheaper by shopping around for the camera and housing seperately. I had the reefmster sl150 film camera and it was jst ok but it flooded so now I want digial to save on all the film expense, as I just lend up throwing more than half of them out anyways.

hi chipster.. last year I bought a 560 on ebay (75 bucks) and housing on leisurepro (50 bucks). it is a great package for 125 dollars and takes great pictures.. 3.2 megapixels, white balance-able, movie capable, who wants more ?? you can add slave (no cable needed) strobes as well. they dont support cable-linked strobes, but who cares ?? go for it

Do you have any pics you could send me? Also how much is the strobe and which brand.
Looking at the housing at leisure pro it looks like the flash is blocked out. Do you use it without strobe? To me it seems like a inexpensive way to go and get good quality photos and if it flloods well not that much $$$$ into it.

/

chipster:
Do you have any pics you could send me? Also how much is the strobe and which brand.
Looking at the housing at leisure pro it looks like the flash is blocked out. Do you use it without strobe? To me it seems like a inexpensive way to go and get good quality photos and if it flloods well not that much $$$$ into it.

/
the flash is not blocked... its a semi-transparent piece of plastic.. it helps to prevent back-scatter of micro particles. you can use any kind of slave flashes just like this www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlist&sku=200100. I dont have a flash right now. these are some photos, not pro-style, but remember that I am a beginner :)

I think ist a great beginner.. try it, if you dont like it, you can easly sell it or give as a great gift. the pic quality is great, and the housing has access to all controls to the camera, that means you can adjust all functions of the camera. easy yo carry , and you will not be too sad if floods. go for it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom