NCD November Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I want to start off by thanking everyone who showed up. You guys were absolutely fantastic and contributed to a wonderful weekend. To those who couldn't make it this time you were missed and I hope you can make the next event. So, let me fill you in on what happened.

We rented a great vaction rental house overlooking the Albion river for both Friday and Saturday night. Brian, Jim, Dara, Ericson, Sheila, Kevin, Peter, Stacie, and I showed up Friday night and had a nice little...well BIG feast of ribeye steaks, mashed potatoes, beer, grilled veggies, bloody marys, and cookies. We hung out until about 11pm talking, drinking, and playing dominoes. An all around fun hang out and get to know you time. We even had a new member, Kevin, who didn't know any of us, show up. He just saw that we were having an event and came on down. I think he felt right at home, but I will let him fill in that part.

The next day we got up pretty early, 7am, and I fixed breakfast for the crew, pancakes, scrambled eggs with smoked chedder and onions and Gourmet organic coffee. Once we all had sufficient food and caffine, we loaded up and headed for the dive site.

Once at Russian Gulch we threw up our banner and went off diving. The conditions were pretty nice with a slight west swell. The visibility got 20+ along the edges of the cove, but was pretty low in the center. Brian scored not only some fish, but a speargun, mask, snorkel, and gear bag!!!! We got in about three dives along with an abalone dive. Together we got several fish and abalone for our seafood dinner.

Sadly, when we went to fill opur tanks at Sub Sea Progression dive shop in Ft. Bragg, their compressor was down, so we couldn't get fills. Major bummer!!!!!!!!

When we got back to the rental, Jim, Brian, and I jumped in the hottub and relaxed for a while and then we setup a feast! Jim had a sudden epiphany and called the dive shop and asked if we could rent tanks and low and behold they had tanks with air in them, so our next day of diving was saved!!! Meanwhile, I mixed drinks and Brian, Kevin, and Jim went to work cleaning our catch of the day. The ladies got a chance to relax while the guys did most of the cooking, except for Kevin, who doesn't cook, only cleans. See Kevin, I didn't post that you cooked , so your wife will never know;-). It was a great dinner and everyone was pretty stuffed and tired.

The next day, we had another huge breakfast cooked by Peter and prepared for another day of diving. We made it to Ft. Bragg, rented our tanks and took off to dive. At first we went to look at Jack Peters Cove, but decided it was too rough. We then decided to head back to Russian Gulch and dive there instead. It worked out well, because the conditions were perfect! We got in two more dives and called it a weekend.

Again, thank you to everyone for a wonderful time and to all you lurkers, come join us for the next one. You are most welcome!

We all had a great time. I tried to post some pics (Scubaboard still broken?), but there are many at the NCD website

Back
Top Bottom