Beagles are funny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I brought Shelby (my beagle) over to Oahu yesterday to visit "grandma" while I do some work here. So last night just for fun I gave her one of those HUGE rawhide bones. Now she doesn't usually chew on "chew toys" but she likes to hide/bury them. So while she was walking around "looking" for a hiding place (in the garage where I was keeping her) I put a bowl of food down for her. She ran over to the food bowl and reached down, but just couldn't fit the bone and the food in her mouth at the same time. It took her over 10 minutes to figure out that the bone had to leave her mouth before the food would fit in ... of course I just stood there laughing (that's what beagles are for right?) and of course I got a couple of pics ... wish I could have gotten one with that look of frustration on her face trying to figure out this "quandry"

beagle1.jpg

Figured I'd share the humor of it with everyone ele here -

Aloha, Tim

love it!

As the owner of 2 beagles I feel your pain. It is always fun to discover the "buried" Treasures around the house. Jack my older beagle likes to bury them in my bed.

Sometimes you just help yourself laughing at the silly things dogs do.

I do that to my Jack Russell as well....get him one of those 2-4' long bones, larger then he is and then watch him struggle with it, tearing it apart and wanting to figure out why he can't jump on the bed or fit through the sliding door......but give him 30 minutes and it's in more manageable 6-8" pieces :D

That's funny Tamas -

Shelby rarely chews them - "if" I can find where she hides them I'll give them to her again and she'll promptly go hide them again and again...

Tim....Shelby is so cute!!! Very funny story!

I have a Choc. Lab that freaks out over balls. She doesn't hide them, she loses them. Since she was 8 weeks old she was fetching. One day I went to Walmart and found a 40 pack of tennis balls for like 7 bucks. It only took her a month to lose everyone of those balls. I've looked in every nook and cranny on my ranch and have found maybe 3 balls. lol

lol - yeah I can see that easily.

When shelby was about 6 months old I brought home a big rawhide treat - about 12" long. after 30 minute I have not seen it again ... she never left the house/kennel - lol

who knows where that thing may be hidden.

Aloha, Tim

My first dog (family dog) as a youngster was a beagle, his name was Friday, very cool and funny dog. I have 8mm fillm of him grabbing his dog dish to where he couldn't see and run around wildly, thanks for bringing back these memories.

My chow used to bury rawhide bones. Regular bones she chewed on with gusto. My only guess was that rawhide bones were somehow lacking and needed time to marinate in the dirt before they became acceptable.

If I dug them up and handed them back to her, she'd gnaw on them for a while then rebury them somewhere else. If she caught me digging them up, she'd help me dig them up, happily accept them from my hand, and go bury them again.

Penopolypants:
My chow used to bury rawhide bones. Regular bones she chewed on with gusto. My only guess was that rawhide bones were somehow lacking and needed time to marinate in the dirt before they became acceptable.

If I dug them up and handed them back to her, she'd gnaw on them for a while then rebury them somewhere else. If she caught me digging them up, she'd help me dig them up, happily accept them from my hand, and go bury them again.

LOL - That sounds SO much like my dog

That is a great picture! Along with your story, it's very funny!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom