Heads Up Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elwebst

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Rumor has it the heads up mask will be available this December. Is that still the target release date? If so, with real availability?

What about mask shell fit? Are there multiple options for tuning up the fit, or one-size-must-fit-all?

I'm jazzed about this one - would be the coolest toy in a long time. If I can read the display, and it holds tight, I'm getting one.

Thanks!

We are unveiling the consumer version of the mask at DEMA this week. I'll report back with our introduction plans, which will include opportunties t.o participate in our field evaluation. Even though the military version has been in use for some time, we plan an extended evaluation process as this is so much different than anything we have ever produced before.

Stay tuned. You won't believe your eyes.

Doug

Awesome. Can't wait!

Eric

I'm currently sitting outside the DEMA show in Orlando. The Heads up display mask is awesome. The vision is outstanding on the unit. The skirt is comfortable. I am definitely in need of a new mask so I am groveling to my boss you know carrying her bags and such think I have a chance?

The seminar on the computers included the DATAMASK showed the simplicity of the functions.Computers are the way to go and the display is outstanding even for these over forty eyes.
The fact the illumination is adjustable is a definite plus. more later dinner calls.

I would just like to know where I can get one when it is put on the market. Im in the Army stationed in Honduras and can not find anyone that has even heard of it. In fact looking on the internet I can not find any stores that may have it or even a posible price. So can anyone give me some insight on any of that info.

Last I heard (DEMA), the mask is expected to be out in 4-5 months. Thats enough time for the 07 season but not for christmas. Sorry, not out by December according to oceanic...

Cheers!
Charley

redbonedn:
I would just like to know where I can get one when it is put on the market. Im in the Army stationed in Honduras and can not find anyone that has even heard of it. In fact looking on the internet I can not find any stores that may have it or even a posible price. So can anyone give me some insight on any of that info.
Hi,
Oceanic still has some tests that the mask is being run through. I was impressed with what I saw at DEMA already. Oceanic will be taking preorders from stores after the holidays and the masks will start shipping in May. I sent you a private message which has some more information about it. If you can't get to it you can contact me also from our store link below. I saw in your profile that you are moving to Roatan? If your there in November 2007 we might see you there as we are taking a group down there for a Murder Mystery trip.

The military special forces units are rolling off the production line, and development of the DataMask HUD is well underway. We anticipate delivery in May 2007 - but will be rolling out a nationwide demo event program beginning in January or February. For complete product details - please visit http://www.oceanicww.com/p_computers_iddm.html.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom