I'm Impressed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tech for a shop that was into Aqualung/Apeks so I saw a lot of regs for this mfg. good stuff.. However due to a policy dispute the shop is no longer a dealer. The shop picked up Oceanic, a line I was not very familar with. Last Sat. I had to do a quick repair on a new first stage as sometimes happens with any reg. I put the first/second on the machine and the cracking was at .2 and no freeflow, this is the best I have seen on ANY reg and this was not the top of the line. So for those in the market for a new reg I would have to say you should give Oceanic a long look.

tstonedvr:
I tech for a shop that was into Aqualung/Apeks so I saw a lot of regs for this mfg. good stuff.. However due to a policy dispute the shop is no longer a dealer. The shop picked up Oceanic, a line I was not very familar with. Last Sat. I had to do a quick repair on a new first stage as sometimes happens with any reg. I put the first/second on the machine and the cracking was at .2 and no freeflow, this is the best I have seen on ANY reg and this was not the top of the line. So for those in the market for a new reg I would have to say you should give Oceanic a long look.

Rather a nice regulator.

Oceanic has great regs..

Try an Atomic :wink:

The oceanic GT3 and the Delta 4 are fantastic regulators. Their computers are awesome as well... Hey Tstone... where was that pic taken? Which anchor is that?

It's not a anchor it just looks like one....part of a big hub or something...taken near Bolongo Bay in St. Thomas....

Nice Meg wedivebc....

tstonedvr:

I assume that was one of their adjustable 2nds. How did you have the adjustment knob set? I believe Oceanic calls for setting cracking pressure with the knob in the middle of its adjustment range. You should then be able to continue to reduce cracking pressure with the user adjustable knob which should produce some instability and, ultimately, freeflow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom