DIY Arm n Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i am so super-happy that i receive my ike's housing yesterday and had it tested in the pool today. I understand y for my housing for oly sp350 it comes with the arm n tray. However, i had these exchanged through my dealer for a lens converter for my WA lens. Therefore, has anybody made their own arm n tray for strobes? If so, can u show it to me. I plan to make one myself but i just wanted to gain more ideas from expereince user/maker. thx in advance

I can't help with the tray, but here's where Gates/Nightrider and others get their arms. http://www.modularhose.com/ My buddy has an Inon flash and that's what he used to make his. For under $20.

I have heard that the modularhose is not as strong as the 10bar arm type so it's not strong enough for ikelite's ds125 strobe. Is this true?

Sunkarm, I haven't used those types of arms before, but I have heard also that people have problems with them breaking down and so if you do use them, make sure and run a line down the middle of them to keep all the parts together.

I use the ULCS arms and tray. They are very strong, work great in the water, and I use them to carry my camera by on land. I know it isn't homade, but seems like by the time you spend all the time, effort, and raw materials to build something, you may not be too far off the cost of something like what I use.

Back
Top Bottom