Veo 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
No replay from tech suport via Oceanic's web site. Maybe the question was to difficult.

I've got two Veo 100's. they are attached to the same reg. Love the backup.

Here's the problem: one consistantly reed less time remaining than the other. even on the surface. ie. 70ft 40 min. vers. 70 ft 33 min. removed the battries for 1/2 hr or better then put it back togather. same problem.

HELLO!! any one out there?

Close! Most of my dives are at 60-80ft (air) most are on low profile wrecks.multey level dive profiles are not much to contend with here. We do go on trips where a multey level profile could add to our total down time. At depth on the last dive one unit read 72ft and the other reafd 73 ft, not significent in my humble opinion. It has been 72 hrs sense that dive. One unit gives 40 min at 70f t the other (newest unit)still gives 33 min @70 ft. the owner manual even disagrees with this. Do I need to reyurn this to thw Mfg.?

P.S. hope you get to go to DEMA and enjoy. Wish I could make it,

A slight depth variance can lead to varying no deco times -the reason most recommend against sharing a computer between divers. However, this explanation may not apply in your case, as after 72 hours both units should be clear. I think it's best that you go ahead and have them returned so we can take a look at them. This can be arranged through your dealer or directly if you choose. See the OWNER SERVICES section of our web site for details.

Doug

was cotacted by your tech suport via E-Mail. They suggested that I send it in for cal. I'll give them a call later today
Thank you for you help
Doug Krause:
Hi Reeldive,

Sorry for the lack of response. Most of our staff have been involved in getting things ready for the DEMA show. Are both units reading the same depth?

reeldive:
Here's the problem: one consistantly reed less time remaining than the other. even on the surface. ie. 70ft 40 min. vers. 70 ft 33 min. removed the battries for 1/2 hr or better then put it back togather. same problem.
Since this problem shows up on the surface after you have cleared the N2 loading memory by removing the battery, it is mostly likely that the 33 minute at 70' unit thinks that it is at 2,000' altitude and is reducing NDLs.

Time for recalibration unless you are on some mountain in Florida that we haven't noticed before.

This old thread describes a similar problem, although with older versions of computers.

JimLap:
I think Charlie hit it on the head. we have had the same issue with a pro plus 2 and 2 veo 250's. Time to send em in to recalibrate.
Or at least take them out of the wrist boot or console and soak them overnight in warm water.

I've had some significant depth errors on an old 1 button Data Plus computer that were corrected by simply soaking the bare module for a while. I assume that salt crystals had formed on the sensor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom