Red Sea Liveaboard M/V Orchid reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ifoundnemo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

We are booking up our holiday to the Red Sea for May 07 and are going to do our Aow and then go for a weeks liveaboard and would really appreciate some feedback on the M/V Orchid. I have searched the forum but cant see any feedback on this particular boat so anyone with info - your time would be appreciated.

Also if you have done the nothern Itinerary with the Orchid any info on the diving and challenges that are out there would be appreciated.

The Orchid has been around for many years, and the number of groups which go back year after year tells you something about its popularity. It has recently been totally refitted inside and is all the better for it.

I believe it is your typical northern out-of-Sharm itinerary, taking in Ras Mohammed, The Straits of Tiran, Dunraven and Thistlegorm wrecks, and maybe Abu Nuhas depending on the weather. Ras Mo rocks, and at the right time of the year, it is one of the best places on earth, bar none. The Thistlegorm is past its best, but will still blow you away with all the military cargo of trucks, motorbikes, etc, etc.

Have fun!

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated I have booked now so we will be on the orchid may next year I may well drop in with my thoughts as a first timer on a liveaboard when we come home.

Love the SD magazine by the way you and your guys do a good job on there been reading avidly all of the dive mags since we passed our ow in august.

If anyone else has any personal experience of this boat and the northern intinerary would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks Asser have you been on this particular boat?

I appreciate the feedback but I am looking for someone who has specifically been on board this boat and done the trip to advise how they felt the week on the boat went.

how are the accomodations on board.

I understand the boat offers 12ltr tanks as standard do they have 15ltr tanks as well for those of us who are a little more air hungry?

things of this nature specific to this boat....any ideas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom