Camera Strap?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivetheRock

Contributor
Reaction score
Clarenville, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
# of dives
0 - 24
I use my Canon Powershot A70 with U/W housing. With the housing came a "free" (whatever) neck strap. I have used this a couple times, but have either found it too dangerous, or too cumbersome. I guess I could also say that it's simply a pain in the neck - the camera is never where I want it to be.
Question: What do you guys use for camera straps, or some kind of attachment, that you find handy (in the sense that it is where you want it to be - at hand), and not dangerous (i.e. not often wrapped around your reg or generally not posing a threat of strangulation)? Sometimes I think I've found the right kind of strap, but it often tends to stretch too far or not enough. Opinions?

I use coil with 2 clips one to the camers and one to the BCD.

This coil has a clip that can be used when the camera is not being used to keep it from stretching.

This setup is home made by using an old Phone Cord !!

I use someting like this:
BUCKLE_1.jpg

I clip it to a bolt under my housing (I have an extra weight to keep pt-023 from popping up to surface as it's very positive in bouyance). If you can you should clip/attach lanyard to some other point in your housing than wrist band. Since if your wrist band is to break, as it is at some point, you end up loosing only it not the camera. Your camera will still be clipped to your bcd with that brass clip.

I also use a lanyard similiar to the one above. one end is clipped onto my bc and the other is attached to the camera.

yes this is the one I use too but mine is home made :))

I also use the laynard shown above, clipped off to my upper ring on my BC right side. I do not have a strobe yet, so being positively boyant is a good thing as it floats up under my arm and stays tucked there nicely, out of the way.

The camera is nice clipped off to a chest D-ring because you can shelter the drag as you move forward through the water. (same leash)

It's important that it not be necessary to have the camera held in my hand, as this becomes tiring and a nuisance when trying to enjoy the dive. So, the lanyard dealys you speak of would be great for me.
I also have a coil leash which is for my light (which I keep in my BC pocket). However, it's way too long to have my camera dangling from while swimming the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom