Poor Form with My Housing--POP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
So, I got distracted cleaning the boat up and left my camera in the housing on the dock in the hot sun, dome port up, and forgot about it for a couple hours. Then I picked it up..and it sounded like a little explosion and the port popped off. I think the air expanded and blew the port off. Once it cooled down..it looked okay.

Anything I should know besides water testing it?

Has anybody ever had this happen, or I am I the only mess-up?

Hopefully, you just popped the cork on an o-ring seal. No physical damage? Whew, no harm no foul!

Ike housing... i would def check the port connectors to see that they didn't shear off...

Sorry to hear that one, first i have heard of it too....

buy a towel... :D

oh well....what can I say?

I am not very careful.

what a space cadette.

(I think secretly...I want to upgrade....I mean 4 years with this set up...its time)

My subconscious is working, i think.

which housing did u use?

Ikelite...for the D 100

I want the D 200.

Get a swim step first!:D
Thought you were gonna send it in for a tune up?

Mrs. Catherine, I don't "know" but have seen a lot of your post, just wanted to say, "nice, new avatar" Your old one was pretty, but the new one is interesting, like the color scheme.

catherine

Get it all set up, camera, strobes, etc. and see if everything works in air. Then water test it without the camera. If that works too, you lucked out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom