Why I love cold water diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I might have been wearing 7mm of neoprene and the water was only 16C (60F), but the air temp was a lovely 26C (78F) and the viz under the pier was easily 15m+.

I knew it was going to be a great dive as soon as I jumped in and found 4 of these guys together. I think I must have counted at least 30 for the dive...

Flinders111206130a.jpg

Flinders111206128a.jpg

Who you looking at...

Flinders111206133a1.jpg

Fathers Club meeting...

Flinders111206142a.jpg

Mel.b

Those are outstanding! Where were you diving, anyway?

This is my secret location:ignore: ...I could tell you but then - well you know!

LOL, JK! This is a really well known pier dive in Melbourne, Australia called Flinders pier. You always see the dragons, it just depends on how many. I've dived it quite a few times and yesterday was the most dragons I have ever seen and also the first time I've seen the males with eggs.

mel

Ah, Australia!

I didn't realize how nice the colder water dives were, there. I must visit! However, it's gonna have to wait until I get my dry suit.

Outstanding shots Mel! They are my favorite fish in the sea and your shots are fantasic.

Flinders Pier just got added to my list of must do dive sites - I'm lucky to see just one per dive at most locations in tassie.

Can't wait to get down there at Xmas and get some proper cold water dives in....

Cheers,
Rohan.

I don't think I could do low 40s! The coldest we get here is low 50s.

The temperate diving in melbourne has to be some of the best in the world. It certainly wasn't what i expected when i started diving. Just as colourful and beautiful as any tropical reef but in its own way.

Tassie rohan... are you coming to Melbourne? If you want a buddy, just send me a PM and I'd be happy to show you around.

M

LOL caloy...mike wore 8mm at Nusa lembongan:11: ...somehow I don't seem him coming to Melbourne any time soon:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom