Heads up folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

visibilityunlimited

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
My feet hurt! My shoulder hurts. and my back hurts. This always happens to me when I go to the DEMA (Diving Equipment marketing association) show. I was happy to see Oceanic there as one of the more predominant manufacturerers. The booth was huge and always seemed crowded. I think that one of the reasons it was a happening booth was that everyone wanted to see and hold and try on the ever elusive Heads Up Display Mask.

The mask is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread. The black silicone skirt was very comfortable. The display which is located on the right lower corner of the mask was extremely easy to read and understand.

I had seen it at several Dema shows before and each time that I did see it it just kept getting better and better. I was afraid this year that I would I would be able to see the display with these 40 something eyes. My arms currently are not long enough to read a book without having to have bifocals. I was amazed that something so close to my face was so easy to read. I Kow Tow to whomever designed the display.

The simplicity of the 2 button design is also to be commended. I am a person that panics when there are more than three button on a watch or dive comptuter. The menus are easy to understand and and to manipulate. It can stil monitor three cas mixes and have almost all of the features of the ATOM and Vt-3 with the exception of being able to monitor your buddy's air supply.

I am really looking forward to it's release. I have already started checking my couch for loose change. Again kudos to the Oceanic crew for a job well done.
I wouldn't doubt if maybe someday this mask might be able to accomodate DVDs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom