got my first gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xsports

Reaction score
Not that anyone really cares but today im excited to say that i now bought my first gear.:D I asked everyones advise on the stuff i was interested in and really had a lot of feed back so thanks to everyone for the help.Some people told me to let them no what i decided on so here it is.Oceanic excursion bcd.The Pro Plus 2 computer.The swivel octo,the Oceanic GT3 reg and the spinner knife..I know that its not the best gear out there or anything but its a start.Anyways thanks again for all of the advise and ill talk to you soon.:D

Don't worry if it's "not the best gear out there". Dive a lot and enjoy it!

Well done, that's my next step, got my AOW today, and bought a computer yesterday. I reckon it's now time to buy to buy some kit and do some dives. Will be costly though as a dry suit is essential.

Of course we care:D . First gear is like a first car. As for the best, I recall an editorial by the late great columnist for the Chicago tribune, Mike Royko. Mike was having lunch with his publisher, when he noticed that the man had a Presidential Rolex watch, about 20 grand. Royko asked him what time it was and the man replied 12:03.
"Amazing," said Royko, "that's what my 20 dollar Casion says too!" Royko then went on to describe how, for 20 dollars, his watch a) was a calculator, b) played thirty tunes and c) had an alarm clock which not only woke him up, but reminded him of his anniversary. The Rolex could do none of that and, as a wind up watch, wasn't as accurate as the Casio. Sometimes you just pay for a name.

Good gear is what gets you there and back.

Congratulations and happy diving with the new gear. I'm very much looking forward to doing the same thing.

Congrats!

I'm so glad to see that you took the road of intelligence and conducted some research to find something suitable. Some would ask just 1 LDS and go with what they say (sometimes your options are limited on research) rather than find what fits their needs and budget. Hopefully your gear will pay for itself soon so you can justify upgrades!! :D

Congrats on the new gear..you got some good stuff..I like my Delta 3 reg. I just added a swivel hose to it and now I really like it. Somebody's always got better toys..just go dive what you have and have fun..that's what it really is all about. Be safe...

I know just how you feel!

Got my first set of gear yesterday...going to be my Christmas presents. Got a Pinnacle wetsuit, the Oceanic Probe LX BCD, Alpha 8 regulater, slimline octo, navconsole, fins.

Now I can't wait to try them out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom