ulcs vs locline/10 bar arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Great now i have the camera and the ikelite housing and soon plan to buy ikelite ds125...ooppss...i forgotten then i need to have an arm for the strobe...which is better for Ike's DS125...10Bar arm or ULCS?

Thx in Advance

I am ULCS all the way.. Very high quality, great functionality, easily adaptable with their connections.

I use loc-line, but I'd recommend ULCS. The loc-line is floppy on the surface, though fine once you're under. The main downside is that if you get the loc-line long enough for flexibility to move the strobe substantially in all directions, it is unweildy. If you use shorter sections, it doesn't bend enough to get at certain angles. On the plus side, you don't have to loosen anything to adjust it, you just crank it over to where you want it-and it is cheap. OTOH, if you're spending hundreds of dollars on a strobe, another $100 or so for a couple of ULCS links and balls isn't going to break the bank. My new motto is spend early or spend twice!

I use loclines and really like them. But I use the Inon strobes which are smaller than your 125.

I don't have any problems with them and love their flexibility - even allowing me to pop them off underwater for tricky lighting in holes etc :)

The ULCS arms are super nice and worth the extra cash vs some of the other metal arms out there.

yeah i guess i'll go with the ulcs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom