Online Dive Store Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitrohead85

Reaction score
Why does every online diver store have a best price guarantee? Almost every big site that sells scuba equipment has this offer. How can everyone have the best price? So
Also what are your experiences of buying online?
Thanks
Nick

Because it's a tactic that has proven effective for B&M retailers since long before the internet was available.

My experience has been all positive but then I take the time to thoroughly research what I need/want and accept responsibility for any selection mistakes I make.

I don't know about the price guarantee but I will say that I have shoped online for certain things and have had no problems. I bought from both scuba.com and scubatoys.com. I prefer scubatoys.com because they give discounts to scubaboard members. And they have cool web cam.
www.scubatoys.com

I'm here to offer you the best answer on the internet, "because they can." If you read the details they offer the best price on one item on their site and the rest of the items they jack up really high (just pulling your leg).

So far nothing wrong with internet purchases, I love the pink wetsuit and the mismatched fins.

It's called keeping up with the competition in my view. They're all trying to compete for a very limited group of people buying their products. There aren't really that many divers in the world, so they want to make the sell. I love crazyscuba.com, they've been great with their customer service, product knowledge, prices, etc. They're having a huge sale now because they're getting ready to move. I love it anytime I can save money while shopping, it lets me shop and dive more! :D It doesn't get any better than that...lol.

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

nitrohead85:
Why does every online diver store have a best price guarantee? Almost every big site that sells scuba equipment has this offer. How can everyone have the best price? So
Also what are your experiences of buying online?
Thanks
Nick

Welcome to Scuba Board. If you do a search for the various online retailers that you are considering, you will find a ton of information. I've had fantastic success with Scuba Toys but it helps that they are also located in my home town so I can visit... If you end up using Scuba Toys, make sure you tell them that you saw it on ScubaBoard as they will give you an additional discount...

Enjoy,

Blue Moon

Charlie59:
So far nothing wrong with internet purchases, I love the pink wetsuit and the mismatched fins.

If that's what you order, that's what they'll send you.

A lot of stores use the "price matching" strategy. Around here we have car dealers who say if they can't beat someone else's advertised price, they'll pay you $100. It's an old strategy that isn't unique to e-tailers.

ReefHound:
If that's what you order, that's what they'll send you.

What fantasy internet world do you live in?
:shakehead

Charlie59:
What fantasy internet world do you live in?
:shakehead

I dunno but I'm obviously living in it. The boxes I've received have always contained the items I ordered, nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom