11-13 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Tritons Trumpet
1.jpg

Slipper Lobster
2.jpg

Reef Lizardfish
3.jpg

Arc-Eye Hawkfish
4.jpg

Green Lionfish
5.jpg

Dive buddy relaxing after the dive
6.jpg

Love the Green Lionfish shot. Did you shoot that at high speed, or PS the background?

Larry C:
Love the Green Lionfish shot. Did you shoot that at high speed, or PS the background?

Shot at F5 and 1/125. The background was partially black so I finished it off in PS.

Gilligan,

The blue's in your photos (such as behind the slipper lobster) - are they natural (adjustments to contrast and brightness only) or have they been "enhanced"? They are beautiful.

Great work, as always.

David

Beautiful shots Jim, as usual!!

Gilligan:
The background was partially black so I finished it off in PS.

Jim how exactly do you do that? Is there an easy way or do you have to use something like the rubber stamp tool??

Great shots Jim. I met Dan and Gina from Alaska Last week in Palau. Dan was talking about this guy from Hawaii that dive from his kayak and I mentioned your name. He was a bit stunned when I knew your name...:D

I love the kayak shot...I finish every dive off with two or three pictures of the boat on the way up, usually with divers around it. Customers love it and it gives the pictures some sort of storyline.

parabolic:
Beautiful shots Jim, as usual!!

Jim how exactly do you do that? Is there an easy way or do you have to use something like the rubber stamp tool??

I didn't use the rubber stamp tool. I used the paint brush tool and did it by hand. It took about ten minutes. But then again, I am retired!

Diver Dennis:
Great shots Jim. I met Dan and Gina from Alaska Last week in Palau. Dan was talking about this guy from Hawaii that dive from his kayak and I mentioned your name. He was a bit stunned when I knew your name...:D

Tis a small planet indeed and getting smaller every day.

AUTiger:
Gilligan,

The blue's in your photos (such as behind the slipper lobster) - are they natural (adjustments to contrast and brightness only) or have they been "enhanced"? They are beautiful.

Great work, as always.

David

They are natural and sometimes adjustment to brightness/contrast. Shot the Slipper Lobster at F6.3 and 1/250.

Back
Top Bottom