Help with Transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
My question is to anybody with the knowledge of the TranspacII.
My transpac/rec wing arrived in the post this morning and i am trying to figure how to put it together.Most of it i have achived as most of it is preset to roughly my build but the problem is the webbing which goes round the waist which has metal buckle attached as this seems to be soooo long ,is there a way of tucking this out of the way or do you have to cut it down to lengh(how),there is no mention of this in the manual.Plus if anyone has any tips on this equipment i would be grateful i also purchased the intergrated wieght system for it so any opinions/experiences with this kit .

Regards,

MAL..

MAL,

Here's how to install your buckle so that the excess webbing is neatly tucked back under out of the way:

Put on your transpac and determine where you need to place the buckle so that the right side has enough webbing to fasten comfortably and the excess webbing will be on the left (buckle side)

Once you have the buckle location marked, take the transpac off and put the buckle on as follows:

1. For the sake of orientation, lay the buckle down in front of you face up with the logo facing you, the hinged side to your left and the end with three slots to your right.

2. Flip the buckle open.

3. Take the left side of your waist strap webbing, face up and thread the end down through the first slot (slot 1) at the right end of the buckle.

4. Thread the webbing up from the back through the middle slot (slot 2).

5. Then thread the webbing back down through the third slot (slot 3).

6. Finally, flip the buckle over and thread any excess webbing back through slot one. All excess webbing now should be running back under the left side of your TP waistband webbing, tucked neatly out of the way.

I hope these instructions are clear. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to post a picture.

As for the integrated weights, page 29 of the manual has a good explanation and illustration on how these should be installed. You can download the manual from DiveRite's website at http://www.diverite.com/acrobat/start/om.htm

I hope you enjoy your transpac. I really do love mine. :)

kinda like that , but my buckle is on the far right, out of the way so there's no interferance w/my crotch strap. I try to make my slack on the belt side, so when I belt up, the buckle is on far right & the belt has enough slack to feed through the crotch strap loop, over to the left side where it gets tucked into the same slot behind my weight pockets. That way there's no problem w/entanglement or belt flopping around.

Hope this helps.

Sorry Thumper, you're mistaken. There are no danglies on my rig! :nono:

What you see is my Smartcom on a locked retractor clip. (I only unlock it when I need to use the compass.) It has a weird profile in the picture because the retractor connects to the back but I like to twist it around to keep the screen facing my body. The hose is routed under my left arm, across the chest and clipped off to my right shoulder strap. I used to clip it off to the right D-Ring but since I only have a two inch slack on the end of the strap and being a female with large breasts, it's just easier to see it when it's clipped that way but it still keeps it tucked to me close enough.

My octo, which isn't even visible in this picture, is actually directly behind my right hand, clipped off to the D-ring on my right shoulder.

Believe me, my mentor, Diversauras, (as well as my DM friends at the dive shop) would have my head served up on a platter if he ever caught me swimming around with danglies all over the place.

Besides, I paid for all that expensive life support equipment and I sure as heck plan to take good care of it! :)

ScubaFishee once bubbled...
Sorry Thumper, you're mistaken. There are no danglies on my rig! :nono:

What you see is my Smartcom on a locked retractor clip. (I only unlock it when I need to use the compass.) It has a weird profile in the picture because the retractor connects to the back but I like to twist it around to keep the screen facing my body. The hose is routed under my left arm, across the chest and clipped off to my right shoulder strap. I used to clip it off to the right D-Ring but since I only have a two inch slack on the end of the strap and being a female with large breasts, it's just easier to see it when it's clipped that way but it still keeps it tucked to me close enough.

My octo, which isn't even visible in this picture, is actually directly behind my right hand, clipped off to the D-ring on my right shoulder.

Believe me, my mentor, Diversauras, (as well as my DM friends at the dive shop) would have my head served up on a platter if he ever caught me swimming around with danglies all over the place.

Besides, I paid for all that expensive life support equipment and I sure as heck plan to take good care of it! :)

I was just fryin' ya a little Fishee.... :angel:
Where are you in that pic? That statue looks familiar.

But Thumper, I don't wanna be a fried fish! :eek:

:D

The picture was taken at Gilboa quarry in Ohio when my buddy and I were playing around on top of the plane there. The week before it was in the cockpit, so we were really surprised when we found it sitting on top this time.

Thanks scubafishee and the thumper for your replys,
i managed to sort out the buckle side but the webbing that goes across and through the buckle is still very long.I have also put on the intergrated wieght pockets but these interfere with the strap pull down which tighten the harness.i have to have these on max to get the harness any where near tight i am begining to think i got a too big harness(m/l) but so far i have only tried it on in the pool with a t-shirt but not with semi-dry or dry suit .i have also added on the crotch strap which makes alot of difference as the wing does not ride up as before.Have any of you tried there trim wieghts that clip on to the sides of the back pad or heard any comments on the jon line which extends out of a pocket with a carrabina on the end they both look good ideas but not sure if they are avaliable in the UK yet.

Regards,

MAL..

MAL,

Move the buckle down the strap more so that all the excess webbing is on the buckle side and tucked back underneath and out of the way.

It sounds like you need to switch to a smaller shoulder strap rather than a smaller harness. The shoulder straps and harness are separate components that can be each sized separately to create a custom to fit your body. The shoulder straps come in xs, s, m/l, and xl, and xxl. Be careful though when switching from s to m/l as there is quite a size jump there.

I don't have any experience with the jon line, but I do have the 4# trim weights and really like them a lot. I especially like that you can put them on your harness where YOU need them, whether that be upper or lower back.

Do you have any LDS in the area that sell DiveRite? If so, it would be really helpful if you could go in for a proper fitting. It definitely helps to be able to swap the components in and out in different combinations to determine what fits best. And once you get the fit just right, I think you will really like your TP.

I was in the same boat re sizing (got the M/L and started thinking maybe I should have got a S). Anyway, I think it pretty much fits fine with a wetsuit and some adjustments. You probably will want to cut the belt webbing. Just get some nice scissors and cut, and then fringe the end with heat. You can just hold the end over the flame of a gas stove. I used a handheld propane torch as it is a little more ergonomic. Of couse, if you someohow screw this up you are screwed because the waist belt is an integral part of the TPII. Don't cut all of the extra off by any means. You may gain weight, or wear a thicker wetsuit or decide that you want to move the buckle over to one side and will need some extra webbing.

For the weights, I too found that the shoulder straps were kind of in the way. You will probably want to move the metal plate that holds the shoulder straps on the belt, as far back towards the bladder as possible. Also, make use of the chest strap (if you have one, if not you may want to order it) as this will make things a bit more snug especially if your TPII is a bit large on you. After moving the weight pockets very far back (better trim and also you need them there because you have moved the metal plates back), I found that they tended to sneak forwards when I was wearing the TP in my room (trying it on and such). I got a couple of weight keepers and put them on the belt to prevent the weight pockets from moving forwards.

I don't understand the comment about replacing the shoulder straps, but I hope its true. Looking at my TP, it seems that the shoulder straps are sewn onto the harness and can't be replaced (even though I know you can order different combinations of shoulder strap sizes and harnesses).

Good Luck,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom