Slimline SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a pair of SPG's for stage/pony/deco bottle setups. My LDS is an Oceanic dealer and I quite like the Slimline SPG, I have one in my NavCon console on my single tank reg, but I want to know if they can be O2 cleaned for use on rich decompression mixes. If so, is it much of a pain in the ***, or would I be best off just ordering an SPG that comes ready for O2? Also are they available with a short hose, or just the standard length?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

If you can't O2 clean that slimline Oceanic one, there are other gauges out there that come O2 clean....

You can always change out the hose to a shorter length and o2 clean it.

Yeah I know I can always go buy a different manufacturer's gauge, but my LDS doesn't carry any brands that come O2 clean, and I would prefer to support these guys, they've been my shop since I was 12, I'm 24 now, and I couldn't ask for a more supportive pair of people/instructors. So if possible I plan to make the purchase there.

The Oceanic guys out there anywhere? Or anyone who has had experience O2 cleaning an SPG?

I scoured the Oceanic site to try and find the answer on whether or not the gauges were compatible with O2 and to what percentage. Didn't find anything so I will call Oceanic in the morning and try to get an answer on this. It may be a clarification that they might want to put in the item desxription. I do know that the regs are O2 compatible out of the box up to 40%. I do thank you for the question it just gives me reason to better educate myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom