Sherwood Oasis SRB7700 plug leaking - normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60feet

Reaction score
A friend's Sherwood Oasis SRB7700 regulator was leaking a small, steady stream of air (evidenced by bubbles) during a recent dive. Upon inspection, the leak was found to come from a plastic plug on the regulator cylinder (I believe it's the 2nd stage). When he took it to an LDS, they told him that it's normal and by design. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, what is the reason for this design? Doesn't it waste air?

Yes this is quite normal unless excessive on all sherwoods its a positive pressure bleed and will allow a very small stream of bubbles . Nothing to worry about thats how its designed.

Supposed to do that.Keeps inside of regulator dry..does not waste air.Uses so little that its not noticed.

It is normal and a good thing, but it does bother folks to see it. I understand it amounts to a pittance of air lost but I despise losing air that I went to a lot of hassle to compress. You have to look at it and realize it is keeping your first stage in good working condition.

Thank you all for your responses. I thought that leak was the reason why my friend's air tank empties much faster than mine (he's down to 900 psi when I still have 2,000 psi left in my tank). But now I realize it's probably because he's new at diving and will need time and experience to improve his air consumption. It's also good to know that it's normal for Sherwood regs.

Its 15-30 cc pre min. You you burn thru a cylinder fast its not the Dry Air Bleed .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom