Gear Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fast5frog

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone please take a look at these packages and let me know what you think is the best for the money? I am just starting and want to get a good package so I could use all of you help. Thank you guys so much. -Ron

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_1902/Context_948/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/PCKM2.html?Hit=1
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_1902/Context_948/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/PCKT2.html?Hit=1
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_1902/Context_948/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/PCKG6.html?Hit=1

That's a little like asking which car is the best for the money. It depends totally on what you want to do with it, how it fits you, how do you service it, etc. It would be helpful for the SB'ers if you'd elaborate more on what you're looking for.

Mainly will be used for diving Dutch Springs, a quarry in Pa. Hopefully it will be used for some Florida and Carribean dives in the next couple of years. And to be quite honest with you, I really dont know as to what I am looking for...I havent been certified yet. I would like to have my own gear before I do.

Go to ScubaToys and get a package deal there. Not only will you get a warantee and amazing service, but you'll deal with people who actually dive and can talk with you about your choices.

fast5frog:
Mainly will be used for diving Dutch Springs, a quarry in Pa. Hopefully it will be used for some Florida and Carribean dives in the next couple of years. And to be quite honest with you, I really dont know as to what I am looking for...I havent been certified yet. I would like to have my own gear before I do.

why not get gear as you take your course? develop a relationship with instructor/facility and if you find that they they have your best interest at heart go with their suggestions..you are paying for this service through your course fee..the instructor is there to provide the 3 "E" s for you..educate you(thru training and advise)-provide experiences(with pool work,training dives,fun dives both locally and on trips)-and to equip you (for the type of diving you are doing and your particular body type for fit)..If you avail yourself to competent service you would not be disappointed..It sounds like you are ready to make a commitment to the activity by purchasing your own gear and I applaude you for it.Let the instructor know that you are willing to make this commitment and I am sure you will be well taken care of if they are reputable ..

Back
Top Bottom