Saturday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Filling up my tanks as I type this. :) 10:41 pm and I'm doing laundry at the west end station because my stupid dryer isn't working. :(

We had a great dive. The weather above the surface was terrible... rainy and kind of windy, but once we went under it was great. Visibility was fairly average, maybe 30' or so. The best part was the big octopus we saw! I would say the head was slightly smaller than a volleyball, and it had a tentacle span of maybe 6'. It seemed pretty interested in us, and followed us all the way to the lifeboat. At one point it had a nice hold on Poog's arm. I thought I might have to save him from the octo for a moment but it let go. Of course, neither of us broght our cameras with us, so we were pretty much guaranteed to see something cool like that! We should have spent the whole dive watching it, but ended up doing some exploring and lost track of where it was.

Brian

bdshort:
We had a great dive.
Brian

Yes we did! That was my funnest dive at Sunset yet. I'll bet that little wolf eel was glad we caught the PGO's attention:D That was the first time I have ever had one follow along on our dive like a puppy, I think it either:

a: wanted both our dive lights, or
b: wanted to see what your arm tasted like:eyebrow:

We should have stayed with it at the lifeboat when it was on the gunnel waving a couple arms at us. Oh, well. I hope to see it again-tomorrow!

Poog:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom