Hurricane Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ke167

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or bought the new Hurricane Regulator? I am interested on comments as I a looking for a new regulator and was wondering if the $100 plus from the current top of the line was worth it.

Keith

The first stage looks a lot like a poseidon Xstream first. I wonder if the resemblance is superficial or if they are similar internaly also.

I was thinking it looks a bit like the Aqualung Legend LX.
legend_lx_aqualung.jpg

Indeed it does, guess you shouldn't judge a reg by its cover.

Actually, the second stage housing looks identical to the Beuchat VX 10 down to the embossed lettering and serial numbers, as well as the painted on "Patent Pending." I can't find a picture of the newer Beuchat first stage.

O.K. It's the "New" Beuchat VX200. I found the picture but can't move it here. They're identical.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Looked at some information on the Beuchat VX200 and even the description from the web site sounds the same.

Keith

Thanks.

ke167:
Thanks everyone for the responses. Looked at some information on the Beuchat VX200 and even the description from the web site sounds the same.

Keith
That didnt answer your question though. I asked about it at DEMA, and they explained how the reg was technically superior to the RG2500, which means its worth the extra money. It essentialy adapts new reg technologies to improve breathing performance, reduce size, and protect with envirnomental sealiong, iirc. It has one main difference from the Beuchat, and that is that it is distributed and supported by Dive Rite, not frenchies. Im pretty sure they both buy it from a company in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom