Diving at Saguaro Lake Sun Nov 19 8 am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Sciences

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Scuba Sciences is having a lake snorkel / diving excursion for our Expert Students tomorrow morning at Butcher Jones Beach, Saguaro Lake at 8:30 am and would like to invite all certified divers to join us. We will be carpooling / caravaning at 6:45 am from our Metro Location (8502 N Black Canyon Highway -between Dunlap & Northern on I-17).

Bring your beach chair as we will be having a BBQ at the beach when we're done. If you would like some fresh grilled hamburgers or hot dogs with the trimmings, bring a few bucks. We are raising money to help support our Dive Leader and other programs.

Scuba Sciences will provide a FREE Air Cylinder Rental for any certified divers that would like to join us. Please stop by either of our two locations (8502 N Black Canyon Highway or 2348 N 7th Street) today, Saturday Nov 18th before 5:30 pm to pick up your cylinder. Please bring your c-card and a credit card for security deposit on the FREE RENTAL. You will of course, need all snorkeling equipment and scuba gear (wetsuit, BC, regulator, weights, computer). These items are available for rental (additional charge) if you need it.

Butcher Jones makes a great location (easy parking, easy unloading, no boat traffic and bathrooms :14: ). Please note there is a $6 parking fee per vehicle.

Much has been said lately about Scuba Sciences and diving at the local lakes. Contrary to most of the recent posts, we do scuba dive at the lake, just not for Basic Certifications.

I hope some of the Scubaboarders can join us. Please call us at 602-995-5926 or 602-253-6622 if you have any questions.

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

Tina,

I'd like to suggest you consider Lake Pleasant for the snorkel/diving as the conditions at the east side lakes, Saguaro and Canyon specifically have much worse visability than Pleasant. We attempted a dive at Canyon recently, in an area of the lake where no motorized watercraft are permitted and the vis was less than 2ft. Pleasant had vis 15'-20' this weekend and made for some great dives. Pluse, Pleasant is considerably closer to your shop. Just something to consider. Oh and the entrance fee to Pleasant is $1 cheaper.

Tina,

Nice gesture on the Free Air! Some friendly advice, it takes a lot more notice to get the Scubaboard AZ divers "mobilized". Put your post in the Trips & Local Marketplace...Arizona Sub Forum as early as possible for best results. The best turnouts for gatherings have been with a month or two of notice and Yes try Pleasant sometime where the viz is consistantly far better (reports of 15' viz today) than the East side lakes.

We'll probably have another 'AZ Scubaboard Desert Dive' sometime after the beginning of the year, once the lake (Pleasant) level rises more, they are shop-autonomous fun dives, (certified) divers of all levels just diving and socializing for the fun and love of the sport, for seeing old friends and meeting new friends and buddies, non-divers, family and friends welcomed. Hopefully when the time comes, you'll gather up some of the posse join us and see, while we would all prefer to be diving in the ocean, in a cave, or whererver, we have a good alternative right here to get wet.

Regards,
Garrett

Tina, thanks for the post and the invite. Like Garrett already said, more notice is better here. Also, take a few minutes to review the TOS. Your post needs to be posted in the Trips & Local Marketplace subforum, not in the general forum. I'll ask a MOD to move it. BTW, at Lake Pleasant you can get deeper than a couple of feet right off shore, unlike Butcher Jones Beach where you have to swim out quite a distance to be able to scuba.

booth22:
Tina,

I'd like to suggest you consider Lake Pleasant for the snorkel/diving as the conditions at the east side lakes, Saguaro and Canyon specifically have much worse visability than Pleasant. We attempted a dive at Canyon recently, in an area of the lake where no motorized watercraft are permitted and the vis was less than 2ft. Pleasant had vis 15'-20' this weekend and made for some great dives. Pluse, Pleasant is considerably closer to your shop. Just something to consider. Oh and the entrance fee to Pleasant is $1 cheaper.

Hi,

Yeah, Lake Pleasant is much closer, but the no-boat traffic area at Saguaro Lake works really well for snorkeling. I'll have to make my way to Pleasant soon to check it out, after I can fit into my dry suit again thanks to the holidays. :D

I wonder why the entrance fees are different. Maybe because Saguaro is Government? I don't know.

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

shark.byte.usa:
Tina,

Nice gesture on the Free Air! Some friendly advice, it takes a lot more notice to get the Scubaboard AZ divers "mobilized". Put your post in the Trips & Local Marketplace...Arizona Sub Forum as early as possible for best results. The best turnouts for gatherings have been with a month or two of notice and Yes try Pleasant sometime where the viz is consistantly far better (reports of 15' viz today) than the East side lakes.

We'll probably have another 'AZ Scubaboard Desert Dive' sometime after the beginning of the year, once the lake (Pleasant) level rises more, they are shop-autonomous fun dives, (certified) divers of all levels just diving and socializing for the fun and love of the sport, for seeing old friends and meeting new friends and buddies, non-divers, family and friends welcomed. Hopefully when the time comes, you'll gather up some of the posse join us and see, while we would all prefer to be diving in the ocean, in a cave, or whererver, we have a good alternative right here to get wet.

Regards,
Garrett

Hi Garrett,

Yeah, sorry about the late notice. I looked at the postings (didn't see the Market place or Trips area). I'm still getting to know my way around! So many places to click!

I think an AZ Scubaboard day at Lake Pleasant would be great! I haven't dove (or diven) in Pleasant in at least a few years. Give us some time to be able to fit into our wet or dry suits after all of the goodies for the holidays! :wink:

Have a nice weekend!

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

Hi Rob!

I'll post more notice next time. I'm still learning how to navigate (not underwater, but in scubaboard) :)

As I told Garrett, I haven't been to Pleasant in quite a while. What do you think of combining a day at the lake with a clean up activity? We did a clean up at Saguaro many years ago, but do you think Pleasant could benefit if we tied them together?

Let me know what you think!
Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

A few of us do clean ups at Lake Pleasant on a monthly basis. My wife and I always brings extra trash bags to pick up the trash around the water. We also have a goodies bag we bring on some of our dives and collect trash then. It gives us something to do when there's not much to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom