Max Operating for Magnum with Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the maximum operating pressure (tank pressure) for the Magnum Regulator. I bought a new tank (3400psi) with a yoke and can't find the maximum operating pressure of the Magnum with a yoke adapter in the manual.

Thanks

According to the CGA (Compressed Gas Association) they recommend that yoke is not to be used above 3000 psig, I know a lot of people will disagree with me and that’s fine, but Sherwood believes it has a responsibility to ensure the safest equipment possible. Since the dive industry has not set many of its own standards, it has borrowed from many standards already set. This will include CGA standards for connections. If you want more information I could send it to you or you can find it CGA valve specifications for SCUBA in Pamphlet V-1 section 3 covers outlet connection pressure ranges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom