Thursday Weigh-in Recipe List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, to help out with shaking up some of us out of our meal-time ruts, I thought I would start a thread for us Thursday Weigh-in participants, and anyone else who might like to join, to exchange some recipes.

I'll start off with a simple dessert that is very yummy, has good flavour and is very easy to make:

Lemon-Blueberry Parfiat

Start with putting some fresh or thawed bluberries in the bottom of a small bowl or parfait glass. Spoon in some low (or no) fat lemon yogurt, covering the blueberries. (I used no-fat lemon merangue yogurt the other night.) On top, sprinkle some crushed gingersnap coookies to colour and flavour.

Enjoy! :popcorn:

Brownie Cheese Cake

1 package of Brownie Mix

4 packages of Cream Cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla - I use a tablespoon
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs

Line a 13x9 pan with foil and spray the foil with spray vegatable oil stuff.
Prepare the brownies according to the directions, pour into pan and bake according to direction until just about done.

Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat in sour cream. Add 1 egg at a time and beat on low until just mixed.

Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture, bake for about 40 minutes on 350 or until middle is just set.

I have also added chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture.

coachrenz:
Brownie Cheese Cake
ok, just reading this and im in a sugar induced coma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea Colby!!!!!! i will dig out one of my simple and favs later

Okay.. is the idea to gain weight or lose it?
From the sounds of at least one of those recipes..gained 3 lbs just reading it.

It's supposed to be to help lose weight. Coachrenz, as good as that sounds, it's a little far from the spirit of this particular recipe chain.

colby:
It's supposed to be to help lose weight. Coachrenz, as good as that sounds, it's a little far from the spirit of this particular recipe chain.

I didn't suggest that you actually eat it. I make them and take them to work/school and share with my coworkers. You can actually use low fat cream cheese and sour cream and they won't even notice.

I actually cook as a kind of therapy. I am also losing weight. Have lost over 20 lbs since August.

I have made this particular cheesecake 4 times now and have only had one small slice each time. The rest went bye-bye.

Sorry if I offended anyone or was out of line. I had actually just made one last night for a pie contest at school. Mine didn't win, but, it was a crowd favorite.

Tim

ahhh - so you do what i do... i make myself look thinner by making my co-workers fatter :D

nahhhh - didnt offend me! i just found it so funny - my weight loss consultant (ive losst 100lbs now) would have had a heart attack if i ate it :D

if your interested... join us on the SB Fitness Challange! (link below)

coachrenz:
I didn't suggest that you actually eat it. I make them and take them to work/school and share with my coworkers. You can actually use low fat cream cheese and sour cream and they won't even notice.

I actually cook as a kind of therapy. I am also losing weight. Have lost over 20 lbs since August.

I have made this particular cheesecake 4 times now and have only had one small slice each time. The rest went bye-bye.

Sorry if I offended anyone or was out of line. I had actually just made one last night for a pie contest at school. Mine didn't win, but, it was a crowd favorite.

Tim

Tim,

No offense taken. We've got a great group of people who are currently reporting in every Thursday, see Almity's reference, and a few of us, including me, have reached a bit of a plateau, so I thought I would shake things up a bit. I should have been a bit more explicit in my first post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom