Purchase Atomic Aquatics On-Line!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess this provides an option for people to purchase Atomic products when they can't find it from local dealers. It's good that their prices are set at MSRP so they don't undercut their dealers. The couple of local dive stores I go to (and like!) offer them at lower prices.

Direct Diver:
Atomic Aquatics has recently changed their policy regarding internet sales. You may now purchase Atomic products on-line directly from their website.

http://atomicaquatics.com/

http://www.shopatron.com/index/447.0

Well it's good they finally got their website working again. it's been down for weeks...

Maybe Scubapro and Aqualung will follow?

I wondered the same thing when I heard that Atomics was going online sales. But I doubt that Aqualung will. They are bound and strict with their pricing controls. They make a great regulator but I imagine that their marketshare will wither away as other online manufacturers chip away at their customer base.

paulwlee:
I guess this provides an option for people to purchase Atomic products when they can't find it from local dealers. It's good that their prices are set at MSRP so they don't undercut their dealers. The couple of local dive stores I go to (and like!) offer them at lower prices.

Pricing at MSRP doesn't really provide the customers anything but an outlet to pay full price for something. Just like dive shops that sale only at full price don't offer the customer much. They'll just find another way of doing it if they have to pay full price. That might mean not buying Atomics also.

mike_s:
Pricing at MSRP doesn't really provide the customers anything but an outlet to pay full price for something.

Woo hoo! All the benefits of paying full price - without a relationship and all that pesky personal service. Sign me up!

RJP:
Woo hoo! All the benefits of paying full price - without a relationship and all that pesky personal service. Sign me up!

Yup... That's what it seems like

When they first announced they were going to allow online sales, I thought this was going to be a major change in the market that I hoped that Aqualung and Scubapro might follow..... In reality it appears more like full price Leisure Pro. (with warranty included might be the only difference)

RJP:

I went into a LDS recently ready to buy an Atomic reg set, but after listening the salesperson trying to tell me that the only difference between the B2 and M1 was the swivel, and that the Z2 was actually their top reg and not the T1. I kept asking "are you sure about what you're saying?" and he kept at it. And the "deal" they would have cut me was a whopping $50 off a thousand dollar purchase.

Yep, that relationship and personal service was sure of high value there!!!! :)

mike_s:
Yup... That's what it seems like

When they first announced they were going to allow online sales, I thought this was going to be a major change in the market that I hoped that Aqualung and Scubapro might follow..... In reality it appears more like full price Leisure Pro. (with warranty included might be the only difference)

Sometimes things happen in stages. Maybe the first stage is to establish the concept that they sell direct online without ruffling the feathers of the dealers. Once that happens it's simply a matter of introducing special offers and rebates.

There is no way Atomic will ever sell below their retail price online. Their distributors would start a blood war! :eek:

It is great that Atomic Aquatics started offering their merchandise online, but if there is no price incentive for me to buy directly from them, then why would I :confused:

If I'm paying the same price at LDS and Atomic Aquatics online store, I'll shop LDS. :D

In terms of the quality of advice from LDS staff... Hopefully they are knowledgeable about the products they sell. On the other hand, there is no need to take what they say for granted. With the variety of information sources at our fingertips we need to do our due diligence. I always do my own research before making a decision to buy. Especially considering the prices of our equipment, not to mention the SMALL fact that our lives depend on it.

That's my $0.02.

The main reason Atomic starting selling online is to get more market share. Everyone on this thread keeps talking about their LDS.

For lots of people, no LDS carries Atomic. They now have the option to purchase one legally and with a full warranty.

Back
Top Bottom