Sherwood tanks and regs/ press raring ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In an earlier thread it was talked about -Sherwood recommends not using a yoke type reg. above 3,000 psig.
If sherwood doesn't recomend going over 3,000 psig with a yoke style reg, why do they sell high pressure (3300 psig rated tanks ) with yoke valves ?
Thanks, Jim Breslin

PS: I onw 2 -oasis regs SRB7700, 1 -magnum SRB730 (our back up reg set up), a Tortuga, Avid, and a Luna(daughter's) BC's and 2 sets of trek fins , and we love this equipment.
Thanks, you guys make great gear.

I can't tell you why , but in my area I will not sell anything over 3000 with a k-valve, what the dealer does his deal . Glad you are happy with the gear.

Just for the record, I'm holding in my hand a Sherwood Brut made circa 1987 that is stamped on the yoke 3500 PSI. This yoke is not as nearly as thick as the newer Sherwood yokes. I think the liability police have gone overboard. I've been using Sherwood regs since 1989. And I would agree that the Sherwood distributors would not be selling the 3300PSI tanks if they did not believe their product would hold up. Just my $.02

I just called my LDS and according to the info that comes with the Sherwood regulators they reference 3500 psi as being acceptable and in the specifications section it does say Maximum Inlet pressure 232 Bar which according to an online conversion program is 3364.8755153 PSI. I think you're causing your dealers to lose some sales. Again just my $.02

I don't think I stated this correctly. The Sherwood web site shows the high pressure tanks with yoke (K) type valves mounted. See the pic of the al-100 tank.
Jim Breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom