AZ cave divers AKA A.S.S.E.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Recent discussion on another thread and Garrett's (shark.byte.usa) suggestion of a new club made me curious as to how many cave divers we actually have in AZ here on the Board. When I first started cave training I thought I was one of few in AZ, but it looks like there are actually quite a few of us A.S.S.E.S.'s here.

So how about letting us know who you are and some other information:

Agency/ies certified through:
Level of certification:
Locations dived:
Experience:

I'll start.

Agency: NACD, NSS-CDS
Level of cert: Full Cave
Locations: N. Florida - Devil's System, Peacock I upper and lower, Peacock III, Orange Grove upper and lower, Little River, Jackson Blue, Hole in the Wall, Twin Cave, Blue Spring, Paradise Spring
Experiene: About 50 cave dives

Dive-aholic:
I'll start.

Agency: NACD, NSS-CDS
Level of cert: Full Cave
Locations: N. Florida - Devil's System, Peacock I upper and lower, Peacock III, Orange Grove upper and lower, Little River, Jackson Blue, Hole in the Wall, Twin Cave, Blue Spring, Paradise Spring
Experiene: About 50 cave dives

And if no one believes your cert/qualifications, send them my way. I will be happy to inform them that you sir, are indeed, one of the real A.S.S.E.S on Scubaboard :D

Hi,

Not sure I want the tee-shirt either, but it is pretty funny!
So here it goes

Agency/ies certified through:TDI and GUE
Level of certification: Full Cave/ Cave 2
Locations dived: N. Florida-Devil's, Orange Grove, Manatee-Friedman's and Catfish House, Little River; Mexico-many caves in Tulum area and Akumal Area---my favorite
Experience: about 130 cave dives and a few with scooters

Not sure if I want to be known as on of the A.S.S.E.S, but sometimes I am one:)
Too funny, Garrett, that was great!

I'll wait on the t-shirt untill garret shows the artwork :)

Agencies - IANTD/GUE/NSS-CDS
Level - full cave
Locations - all in mexico, South of Playa, mainly Carwash & Grande lately, but moving to others next trip
Experience - 411 dives to date (since 1999) , 88 of those in caves (325 hours bottom time)

Love to see the artwork Garrett!
Theres a few other cave divers in the area that dont frequent SB. Maybe KarenC can post their info ie. JS & RG

Agencies - IANTD/GUE/NSS-CDS
Level - Full cave
Locations - all in mexico, South of Playa & Tulum area. Mainly Carwash & Grande lately, with a 1-2 dives in about 5-6 other systems in the area.
Experience - 394 dives to date (since 1999) , 88 of those in caves (301 hours bottom time)

Agency: IANTD
Level of Certification: Full Cave
Locations: Akumal; Playa del Carmen
Experience: About 30 dives over 3 different weeks. 1 CCR Cave Dive. 1 Technical Cave Dive. Trained with Pro Tec in Playa. Those guys are hard core!!! Favorite Cenote - Taj

haha, yeah I'm not a cave diver, the whole small spaces limited air supply thing just doesn't appeal... but I absolutely love the "other" name! Everytime I see it it cracks me up, just thought I'd share :p

The limited air supply thing is true, but that's why we dive doubles...so the air supply isn't so limited. As for the small spaces thing...I've been in rooms where you could fit 2 double deck semis side by side and still have room!

What Rob says is true. We bring plenty of air as well as one or two buddies along for extra. I've been in room so large that my light can not reach end to end but I've also been in places that required wriggling on my belly till I found an opening big enough.
Honestly....I prefer the small spaces over the larger ones.....not sure why....

Kaz

I do too Kaz. I'm already researching the sidemount set ups. I still have a lot of back mount passage to explore, but those tiny passages are more enticing.... I think for me it's because even less people have been in them.

Back
Top Bottom