Thursday 23rd Nov - Weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
according to todays weighin i GAINED 1KG or 2.2LBS!! im was shattered

i was very good this week, i was on a exercise challange and did more exercise than usual, i did a double dive on sunday (first time EVER in sydney ive ever done a double dive) and to see that 1kg gain... i was so dissapointed.

so what can i do about this... i can say to hell with it and go smash open the snack machine or i can say "i'll beat those stupid scales" and stick with it and make it better next week! i figured TOM and retaining water didnt help so hoping in a few days i will see a diff on the scales.

well heres for a much BETTER WEEK BECAUSE im HOLDING STRONG with how GREAT IT FELT doing a double shore dive on the weekend. how i hiked up and down bare island hill with full set of gear and felt great doing it! in fact, when hubby met me at the car and asked "how did you go walking up the hill" my response was "i was first up here wasnt i :10: "

must say.... the hike up and down Bare Island hill with a complete set of gear was made me think.... how on earth did i walk around ordinarily with all of that extra weight! heres a pic from the dive - check out the tough sydney conditions :D and i had to walk down the hill, across the bridge, down the ladder and then across to the RHS point and then do it all the way up and then do it all over again!

SO RINGING THE SB CHALLANGE BELL..... looking for all my looser cohorts to tell me how you are doing!!!

BareIsland-1.jpg

Morning Almitywife...

I reckon water retention was the gain or perhaps if you have increased your exercise, but kept at the same food intake, perhaps your calorie intake for the week wasn't enough, causing your body save fat reverses?

Keep it up, next week *will* be a better week!

As to me: I'm down to 172.9lbs this week, so a 0.9lb loss from last week.

And I've swapped wetsuits with someone in the club, exactly the same suit with roughly the same about of dives in them, he needed something larger, I needed something smaller, win-win! :)

Almity, I'm up 3 pounds to 219. I'm not sure what it is, but I've been feeling tired lately, so maybe my metabolism is slowing down with the cold. I reduced my caloric intake, so maybe my body is getting used to that and slowing down. I'm not sure. I'm going to stick with this a little longer and see how it goes. I'm not feeling heavier, and my clothes all fit the same. The scale just reads higher.

Good luck to all, and keep the good results coming. Congrats Rich on the 'new' suit, lol!

Forgot to weigh myself this morning but yesterday I was down 3 lbs after the disaster of last week. :rofl3: Anyway, Thanksgiving dinner is cooking. I'm sure I'll pig out on my delicious stuffing and my mom's awesome candied yams. I'll try to skip the pie.

I am even, for which I am grateful, as I was incredibly hungry all week. I am guessing it is because of all the sugar I have been eating. So after today, its time to buckle down and GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'ing with you Jenny!!!!!!!

Not weigh-in day for me, but just wanted to offer some support to you all! Sometimes as you add lean muscle the scale doesn't move the way you might want - but lean muscle is very very good :D I'd go with this theory!

Well today when i got on the scales i would swear i was 1.5kgs down from my weighin but its nothing official until official weighin day but im feeling better about it.

BUT to make sure the home scales arent trying to trick me... i got on and i crouched down with a distinct lean to the front to try to get as much weight displacement onto the machine as possible..... i also loaded myself up with a text book for just in case and i still am lower than my official weighin!

and then i felt like an right TWIT... i would have been quite a picture!

so heres to a much better week - i hope you are all holding strong, doing well and saying no to the turkey stuffini!!

Ok...what gives? Is this the biggest loser on SB? I so don't want to say my weight...but I do need to lose a lot...I am down one pant size since last week...much better than a weigh in...right?

:happywave So Cal and yep - we're all loosers here!!!!

each thursday we start a new weighin thread so you can tell us how you are doing so i will be looking out for you!

great going on your loss so far!!! a great start!!!

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom