Are the 3000HF's worth the extra money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kirkryan

Reaction score
So I finally think I decided on the Cressi Gara 3000HF's over the LD's. I went to compare prices and I can get the 3000 HF's from either www.scuba.com for about $145 (US) shipped or from www.scubastore.com for about $135 (US) shipped. Then I checked back at www.leisurepro.com and I can get the Gara 3000 LD's AND a
Cressi Minima for about $120 (US) shipped. What would some of the more experienced of the crew out there do and why? I hope this isn't old hat by now but just want to research as much as possible.

Thanks!!

Kirk - I think it depends on your technique - stiffer fins don't necessarilty equate to better performance. I went to a softer blade and I have had alot of technique taught to me over the years for freediving. Aharon Solomon's was the one who finally discovered why my technique was suffering - too stiff of a fin! So I went for a softer blade and I am now diving deeper and more comfortably - I also dive with a minima and love it! So much so I bought a second one for back up.

HTH,

The stiffness of the blade for fins depends on the diver, the type of freediving....
Big legs, deep, short surface swimming = stiffer blades
Small lags, not so deep, long surface swimming = softer blades

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom