Discussions about taxes and billings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinkladydi

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
so glad to see thst you working the system, the kids need the exposure
PS... i wonder how much $$ scuba sciences is gleening from the community with that program

pinkladydi:
PS... i wonder how much $$ scuba sciences is gleening from the community with that program

I'm not sure exactly what to say to this post, since I'm not sure what you're implying, but Scuba Sciences has nothing to do with this program (for no particular reason I might add).

This is a program set up by my wife and I as volunteers with the help of several shops, including several online dealers who have donated (thanks Scubatoys and those whose gifts are on the way) and several major dive manufacturers (Thanks Zeagle, Mares, Oceanic, Genesis/Sherwood, XS Scuba and the others for your donations.) And with instruction for the kids provided free of charge by Southwest Scuba (Thanks Rob and Jenn).

And I'm not sure aoub the "working the system" comment, but there are no tricks or gimmicks, etc. involved, the ECA tax credit is a totally legit opportunity for people to decide where their state taxes are directed. You have the opportunity to help the kids and still get the money back dollar for dollar as a rebate or towards any state taxes you owe.

I'll assume you misunderstood my original post and hope you decide to chage your mind about our program. I should hope people in Arizona would look forward to helping out the local kids with as much enthusiasm as those who have donated from other parts of the country without the incentive of a tax break.

Thanks, Kris and Mindy

my meaning was not clear
The state set up the tax credit and I'm glad to see your taking advantage of the perks the state offers.You impress me as the little guy making the system work for you {that's a good thing} your resourceful in your ingenuity. By doing your classes with the children your exposing them to a whole new world and dispelling unfounded fears of the unknown.
my reference to SS was that they had/have contracts with the school system so therefore they qualify for the tax perk also

pinkladydi, this thread is neither the time nor the place, let's not hijack Kris and Mindy's thread...

I'd encourage anyone who hasn't maxed out on the AZ Tax Credit program to to take advantage, it's a great program, and it's one of the few circumstances, that I know of, where you can dictate exactly where your tax dollars are used in our education system.

-Garrett

pinkladydi:

Hey There PinkLadyDi,

Not sure where this bashing is coming from, that post had nothing to do with us!

Scuba Sciences provides discounted or FREE services to many local Boy Scout troops, Girl Scout troops, and schools. We also collect money for National foundations, donate our time and effort to help these schools and children's groups with activities, and much more.

We support the Platinum Pro 5000 Foundation to help bring the interest of the Oceans to our Youth.

Scuba Sciences is already teamed up with two different High Schools in Phoenix to help their students become Scuba Certified, Moon Valley High and Carl Hayden High Schools. Carl Hayden has a teriffic Marine Science Program that really encourages conservation!

My family has supported yet another local High School (Queen Creek) because my Nephew is a Senior there. We donated money (through the tax program) to the school to help support their Robotics Program.

Many of the Dive Masters and OWI of Scuba Sciences help us recycle aluminum cans (good for the Earth and it helps our Children's Scuba Ranger Club).

One thing we started recently was to collect the Campbells Labels for Education and Box Tops for Education. Once we have a pile of these, they are donated to local Elementary Schools.

Scuba Sciences and me, in my personal life, seem to help support the Local Schools wherever and whenever we can. DO YOU?

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

pinkladydi:
my meaning was not clear
The state set up the tax credit and I'm glad to see your taking advantage of the perks the state offers.You impress me as the little guy making the system work for you {that's a good thing} your resourceful in your ingenuity. By doing your classes with the children your exposing them to a whole new world and dispelling unfounded fears of the unknown.
my reference to SS was that they had/have contracts with the school system so therefore they qualify for the tax perk also

Just becuase we teach local High School students does not mean we are part of the tax credit.

We are not part of this tax credit program, we are outside Vendors.

According to KazinAZ's post (read the pdf link) "Public schools and charter schools that provide instruction in grades kindergarten through 12 are eligible for the credit". We are a business, not a school. The schools collect the money directly.

That was a pretty rude assumption on your part.:no

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom