What is your favorite sea creature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
There are thousands of them down there! What's your favorite?

I, for one, really love diving with sea lions.. they're like puppy dogs who tug at your fins and play with you underwater! It's just so much fun diving with them. :boings:

Octopus! They are facinating to me.

What facinates me, and keeps me coming back are female skiny dippers.

Sure do love those nude beachs......:mean:

they are so cool and move so amazingly through the water. I love how they sweep from side to side. During one of my surface intervals, I jumped into the water with my mask and snorkel to look for manta rays who were sighted by some divers coming onto the boat. I had a grey reef shark swim right underneath me as I hit the water. Way too cool. I called to the boat that there was a shark underneath me and they all gave me the "yeah right" look.

Everything!
I only once encountered a sea lion underwater and it was memorable. I was doing a drift dive in Dodds Narrows near Nanimo, Vancouver Island and suddenly a large sea lion swirled in front of me, seemingly nonchalantly, checked me over and swam off. I pondered the apparent lack of effort by the sea lion as I was being flushed through the straight by a irresistible current. Powerful!
I also remember letting go and allowing myself to be swept out into the blue with the other divers at Elfin Stone, Egypt. Out in the blue a quartet of dolphins were in pursuit of tunas. Underneath them all were grey reef sharks.
But I have on a few occasions found myself side-by-side with whalesharks. That sure gets the adrenaline pumping.
I much enjoy the smaller creatures too, like nudibranchs, sea horses, sea moths, etc. Spotting camoflaged creatures like frogfish, stonefish, etc. is also exciting.
Now I have a wish list of creatures I wish to encounter underwater. I think I'll make that a new thread.

I have yet to dive with a dolphin.. I've only seen them swimming at the front of the boat on our way to dive spots. Still waiting and hoping for that moment... :blfish:

I just love sea turtles. My first dive in Cozumel and I saw 8 sea turtles and one decided to ascend with me about 10 feet away. Awesome! Always on the lookout for my turtle buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom