Nikonos V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

U-BOAT

New
Reaction score
Looking for repair manual for a Nikonos V, I would like to replace the O-rings.

The user-accessable o-rings, or the annual service internalish o-rings? If it's the first, get Jim Church's Nikonos guide - it has a maintenance chapter.

As Scubaroo noted, there are two sorts of O-rings that can be replaced. You owner's manual will tell you how to replace the "user-replaceable" ones (film door, lens, battery compartment and strobe port).

If you really want to replace the "factory-installed" rings, you can get a Nikonos V Repair Manual. Perhaps the easiest way to obtain one is on eBay. They are frequently offered under the heading, "Nikonos".

By the way, this is a task that requires more than average skill with tools!

Scorpionfish

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Here is the manual but I would NOT recomend anyone repair it without the training, the tools and some instruction on camera repair.

*ALL* Nikonos repair manuals

Ed

I agree, leave the non consumer O-rings to the camera techs, unless you have the know how, tools, and skill.

Blacknet, when I tried to download the nik V manual pdf, the nik IV comes up. I did get it, but I had to modify the URL to point to the nik V file.

Hello,

DOH, that's a typo, reload the page and try again.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Here is the manual but I would NOT recomend anyone repair it without the training, the tools and some instruction on camera repair.

*ALL* Nikonos repair manuals

Ed

Don't happen to know where I can get a copy of the User Manual for the Nikonos V, would you? I like having the Repair Manual, but feel like you that the average person should not be doing that level of maintainace.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom